Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Mousies

MAX

Mom doesn't want me to tell this, 'cause she's embarassed about it. But I'm proud that I got an A+ in Mousing Ability, so I'm telling my story anyway!

All the time I've lived in our house, and even before that George says, sometimes we get mousies. I think they're great, but Mom says they have something called "diseases" and doesn't want them around. She's always afraid we'll get sick or something.

Anyway, I get the mousies and when I'm done with them, I just leave them where they are and go play with something else. It's Dad's job to get rid of bugs and things in our house, but now he can't do it. So here's where my story gets good.

Mom was leaving to go out and saw a dead mousie in the living room. It sounded something like this. AAAAIIEEEE!! Where are these (bad word) things coming from??!! But she couldn't expect Dad to get it with his broken leg, so she had to do it herself! She got a blue thing called a dustpan and a long broom. Then she held the broom way out in front of her and poked the mousie to be sure it was dead. Of course it was! A guy with my mousing skills would never leave a live mousie running around?

Then she scrinched up her nose, broomed the mousie onto the dustpan and held it down tight. We all followed her to see where she was going with it. Maybe she would show my mousie to Dad!! But she took it into the bathroom and flushed it away.

I heard Mom say to Dad maybe they should call the Governor of Catifornia to ..

MOM

Wait .. Arnold Schwarzenegger?

MAX

Yeah, you know, The Terminator.

MOM

No Max, that's EX-terminator.

MAX

Whatever. MY mousies would be gone either way!

3 Comments:

At November 22, 2005 6:07 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Max,

You sure know how to take care of your mom. But my mum is brave, when we had a mousie last month I helped her catch it. But she took it outside and killed it. Plus I think she had the govenor here too. I guy with a funny accent came and looked at the house for places mousies could get in. We haven't seen any more since he was here.

But mum says that some mousies do have diseases. She alway wears gloves and won't touch them directly.

 
At November 22, 2005 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Max - it sounds like you really know what you are doing. Your family is lucky to have such a good mouser in the house - you're protectin' the other kitties and the peoples. Keep up the good work!
Buzzerbee & meep

 
At November 22, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Ha ha ha ha! That was pretty funny, Max! Doesn't sound like your mom had as much fun, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails