Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Exercises

MAX

This morning I was doing my calisthenics 'cause I think maybe I can qualify for the high jump competition in the next summer olympics. I think a young guy like me (turning 2 in May), who's at the top of his form, should be a winner.

Our cat perch is about 5 feet high and is in front of the doors going out to our deck. I've taken over the top shelf and that's where I lay to do my birdwatching when the blinds are open. George & Tipper know not to try and take the top spot because it's mine.

So to do my exercises I get a running start down the hallway, across the kitchen, then jump right to the top of the perch without even touching the lower shelves. The whole perch rocks back & forth. It's great! After I did it the fifth time, Mom complimented me on how well I was doing and noticed that my tail was all fluffed out. It was very strenuous, after all.

She'd be fluffed out too if she was jumping five times her height, straight off the floor!! I need a nap now.

12 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

My mom said, "It's all fun and games until the perch tips over."

I said, "You GO, MAX!"

Mom's just jealous she can't jump 5 feet straight into the air.

 
At February 28, 2006 10:07 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

WOW!! Max, you da cat!

 
At February 28, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Mine Mom always laughs when I get a floofy tail. There was a kitten on tv the other night that saw his flection and he wented sideways and floofed his tail really big. I said, "see, Mom, I am not the only one." And now she can see you do it too!

 
At February 28, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Wow Max, that's a great feat! We haves a perch that is about the same height (and it's right next to the doors to our deck, too!)but we only ever jump to the
third level.

 
At February 28, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Scout is kinda scardy so his tail poofs up all the time. It looks just like a racoon tail then. We envy your perch. We'd love to get one.

 
At February 28, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Boni said...

Go Max! Your tail looks all nice poofy like that. I sorta wish I was 2 again, but then again, I was hungry back then and now I'm not. Extra treats today too!

 
At February 28, 2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Phew...makes me feel tired just thinking about it...

 
At February 28, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Your jumping is very impressive. Maybe you can scare away the competion.

 
At February 28, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

It's good to see you in training. We'll have to hear more about your skills. Me (Beau Beau) is just starting to get good at jumping - I found a good spot in my downstairs where the insulation is...

 
At February 28, 2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Max, that's really impressive! Maybe you should come teach Moose how to jump up on things correctly. Nala and I are still teasing him about the Vase on the Mantle Incident. What a clutz!

~ turtle

 
At March 01, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

you have a great talent. maybe you could get an endorsement and do a commercial?

 
At March 01, 2006 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My manx boy, Bear wishes he had a tail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails