Thursday, February 16, 2006

Guest Blogger


TIPPER

Today I am happy to relinquish my blogging time to a guest blogger. Welcome, Daisy the Wonder Puppy, my Sister B's dog.

DAISY

Thank you, Tipper, for your generous offer. I'm grateful for this opportunity to speak to Crew's Views readers on behalf my sister Shasta (who will not be speaking since she can't sit still for more than 5 seconds) and myself, and for dogs everywhere to present the canine viewpoint. I'm also including pictures of her with Tipper to show that it's possible for dogs & cats to get along, which some of you already know.

I am a purebred Bichon Frise who will be 10 years old in April and am the senior crew member in this family - yes a visiting member in The Crew's house not a resident, but nonetheless, I hold the senior position in the family. And as such I want to defend myself and my baby sister against the recent verbal onslaught from George.

I have nothing at all against cats and consider Tipper to be my friend. I've extended the paw of friendship to George and Max as well, but have been firmly rebuffed. So this is my last attempt to try and end all this strife and misunderstanding between us.

It's true that in my younger days I was hyperactive and quite spazzy - jumping, barking, doing laps around the coffee table, chewing everything in sight - you know, the usual puppy behavior, which accounts for George & I getting off on the wrong paw, so to speak. I was just 18 months old when he was adopted and was barely out of my puppyhood, so I can understand the initial negative impact. But as the years passed, we both mellowed and I could visit my Gramma & Grampa without causing too much turmoil if we kept out of each others way.

I'm completely housebroken (and have been for a long time), have been to obedience school, have a pleasant personality and sleep most of the day now. I do enjoy sitting by Gramma in the evening, which George doesn't like since sometimes he wants to be on her lap. I'm also allowed to sleep by Gramma at night. She takes me in the guestroom so we won't bother Grampa. I know George doesn't like this, because I understand through the family grapevine that the cats aren't allowed in the bedrooms at night, so I think there's a jealousy issue here. But all in all, I'm sure with a few concessions on each side, George and I could have co-existed like this indefinitely.

The problems with George escalated when my mother adopted Shasta. She's a Bichon, too, and was adopted as an 8 week old puppy. She looks just like me, even though we're not blood relatives. I must admit, as a middle aged dog, even I was very upset when Shasta came into the picture since I was quite happy with my life as an only child - just my mother and me. I had almost forgotten what being a puppy was all about, and have experienced a lot of sibling rivalry with a baby sister around. She does try my patience.

Now after 10 months, I'm used to her, but when we visit Gramma, George still gets very upset with Shasta. I know, I know - she barks in his face, chases him, plays with his toys, jumps on the furniture, etc. etc., but she's still young and I'm doing my best to teach her some manners. Even though she's been to dog school too, sometimes she doesn't listen and sometimes she still has accidents in the house, but she's trying hard. Tipper gets along very well with me and is learning to be more tolerant of Shasta. That's all I ask of George and Max, too - tolerance while she grows up.

We were all young once and it's easy to forget how we acted. Now I ask, can't we all just learn to get along with mutual respect for each species?

P.S. Max, I'm sorry about her destroying your feathers. George, sorry about the Zoom Groom. Those things must have happened while I was outside or napping and couldn't watch her.

8 Comments:

At February 16, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Daisy - that was very well put. It's hard to get along with woofies most of the time. I know for me it's 'acause I'm scared of them. most of them are lots bigger than me and LOTS louder than me, and it hurts my ears to hear all that barking. You look like a very nice woofie, and if Tipper can get along with you, perhaps she can convince George and Max to try harder. Maybe Shasta needs to offer a speshul feather toy and a brand new Zoom Groom as a peace offering?

 
At February 16, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger WCTs said...

WE HAVE POSTED HINTS!!!!

Come to our blog and read hints about our 2 Pawtraits.
We would much appreciate any hints you feel OK providing too, only if you want.
I found the hints in the laundry room....you will see!

Tannie Man,
The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South
=^..^=

 
At February 16, 2006 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are very convincing. It is cool that you and Tipper get along so well. Your little sister sounds like a toot, though, and I can see why the Crew would like her to just go home. Although replacement toys might be a good idea...

~ moose

 
At February 16, 2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Daisy Sunshine said...

My name is Daisy too!! Nice too meet another Daisy. I love chewing on kitty toys even though I get in trouble too. Only one of my cats loves me too. He is Tucker. Tucker lets me lick him soft fur. Badness wishes I was far, far away and so does Scrappy.

Shasta and I should have a game of chase. I love chase!

 
At February 16, 2006 6:49 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Hi Daisy!
Nice to meet ya! Hope we hear from you again.

 
At February 16, 2006 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You am making some very interesting points. Maybe I should give my woofy cousin another chance. Peace out y'all.

 
At February 17, 2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Hi, Daisy.... Mom thinks you are beautiful but we think you are a little scary...

 
At February 20, 2006 11:20 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Daisy...you are very well-spoken (for a dog). I enjoyed reading about you and your perspective on The Crew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails