Monday, February 06, 2006

My Thoughts on the Cat's Prayer

GEORGE

Here is a piece our Gramma in NJ sent our Mom. I agree with most of what this Cat's Prayer says especially the parts about "full run of the premises" and "idotic statements", but I must take exception with the "get a dog" part. NO ONE need get a dog to have a loyal companion. We cats can do that just as well, if not better, than dogs.

I give my Dad all the loyalty and companionship any human could possibly need. We spend lots of time together and I have shoulder holdings in the morning and lap holdings in the evening. In fact, I have a PhD in Kittyness, a whole section of which covers how to be a Lap Kitty. I'll write about it at a later date.

Also, I've spent almost 9 years training Mom and really have no desire to start training the lady next door! That would be hard to do since I'm never allowed out. You know how Mom's are - always afraid we'll get hurt or something.

8 Comments:

At February 06, 2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

AMEN! I'm going to have to post this where my mom is sure to read it. Of course, that means I should post it NO WHERE NEAR the cat treats because the only time she is close to that spot is if I beg and beg and beg.

UGH! Humans...

 
At February 06, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It am a big job to train peoples, wow, took me years, too. I never ever get to go in the out, only on a supervison walk and then Mom keeps nagging me, don't eat the grass, it makes you puke. I purposesly wait until I am inside and puke good green grass on the carpet!!

 
At February 06, 2006 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

George,
We agree with you. We haven't been on the job here for long... but we feel we've gotten a good start in the training program. We love our family and are totally loyal! I bet a D-O-G tacked on that last part!

~ turtle

 
At February 06, 2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Well, with the exception of the silly names mum is ok. But she does like to call me all sorts of things, other than my own true name.

 
At February 06, 2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I'd guess my sisfur Bonnie wrote that, but she doesn't like brushing or petting much, and she would never leave Dad for another man.

 
At February 07, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Thanks for visitin' us! We likes that Cat Prayer, and we agrees with you 'bout the dog. We only get to go out if we escape!

 
At February 07, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi There!
Sweetie Here!

Thanks for welcoming me so very warmly to ths Blogesphere..(and just so you know, my momma is typing this for me so forgive her if she makes a mistake or two...she's a human, you know? LOL)

It is lovely and warm here today in our house and in this city where I live...

 
At February 07, 2006 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat prayer! I totally with all the cat parts. I am VERY loyal to my mom. Even when Grandpa and Momma S. come over, whom I love very much, I still go to mom. And I hang with her everywhere at home. Yeah, I know how mom's are-she doesn't let me freely roam outside for fear I'll get hurt or something. =sigh=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails