Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm in Charge!

MAX

I'm so excited! Today when they were leaving for work, we were all by the back door saying goodbye to Mom & Dad when he patted my head and told me "Max, you're in charge of birdies today".

Imagine that! Me....Maxwell Smartkitty....in charge of all birdies - everywhere! I can't believe it. What an honor. I wasn't sure I was ready for this responsibility, but apparently Dad thinks I am, so I'm planning on.....

GEORGE

(sighs & rolls eyes) What's wrong with you? Dad didn't mean all birdies everywhere....he meant birdies in our yard. Plus, didn't you hear him say "George, you're in charge of bunnies & chips"?

MAX

Oh. (looks disappointed) I was so excited, I guess I didn't hear what he said to you.

Well anyway, Mom opened the window so we can watch the back yard. And I want to do a really good job today so I can report back to Dad when they get home from work. Then maybe next time, I can do bunnies & chips, too!

8 Comments:

At April 12, 2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Mom found some bird feathers outside, probably Mistrie did the evil deed. Mom says it is OK to kill mice, but not birds.What is the difference??

 
At April 12, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

it's too much 'sponsibility to be in charge of EVERYTHING! i think just birds is enough for one kitty, don't be disappointed.

 
At April 12, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

Wow, your Daddy is so good to you. Mine just tell me not to create a dent in the sofa since I sleep so much.

Meow, Kim Kim

 
At April 12, 2006 6:49 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yes, it was nice enough to have the windows open today. Listen to the birdies singing and such.

 
At April 12, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Don't let that George get you down. You go ahead & be the birdy boss Max.

 
At April 13, 2006 3:30 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Oh Max, that's a shame, if you controlled the birdies effurrywhere, you could tell the ones that live in my yard to SHUT UP!!!

 
At April 13, 2006 6:12 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I think it's good that someone be in charge of that ragtag group of birds! Without strong leadership, they just fly around the yard, poop everywhere and eat seed. Congrats, Tipper!

And, George, I can't wait to see how you manage the buns and chips. They are quite rebellious. I think it will take a strong paw to guide them.

 
At April 13, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Did you count the birdies too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails