Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Work is Never Done

GEORGE

I thought I'd be able to relax this weekend. You know.... read the paper, blog a little, watch some TV, enjoy the yard.

But Dad had other ideas. You see, they bought this thing -- this, this.... composter thing, and he decided to start putting it together on Saturday. Well, you know what that meant...yes, I had to supervise. Nothing gets done properly around here without my help.

Mom wasn't thrilled when we laid it out on the family room floor, but I thought that was the best spot for me to watch everything. If he had worked out on the deck, I couldn't have supervised first hand...er....paw.

This is a major project so we didn't finish it in one evening but once it's put together, it'll be moved to a corner in the yard and used to make compost to put on Moms flowers.

That's a good thing and I do enjoy looking at a nice flower bed 'cause I get to see hummingbirds and butterflies & stuff.

8 Comments:

At May 30, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Wow, George. It sounds like you had serious work this holiday weekend. I hope you didn't exhaust yourself though. At least you know that thanks to your supervision, everything got done right. Who knows how it would have ended up if you hadn't kept a close eye on the situation?

 
At May 30, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

That sounds like lots of work. My humans made bookshelves and fortunately the last one won't be here until Wednesday because the man measured his car wrong and they took the wrong car and had to have it delivered. It is a lot of work to be sure they put that stuff together right!

 
At May 30, 2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. Hope you supervised this project well, George. Those people can get into trouble without our assistance.

Turtle

 
At May 30, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is really SOME composter; you must be exhausted from all that supervision. Our humans have two composters but they didn't have to do much to put either one together. Of course, they haven't actually USED any of their compost yet so we need to get on them about that. Our work really is NEVER done, is it? -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

 
At May 30, 2006 3:09 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

folks always need supervising, don't they?

 
At May 30, 2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Our Mom wants a composter too. She was gonna make one herself out of wood slat thingies acoz she used to have one afore in her ofer life. She likes the one you gots though. I'll have to help her put it togefer like you did.
BB

 
At May 30, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow, George, I bet your dad wouldn't have been able to do it without your help. Great job!

 
At May 30, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Looks like a kitty condo to me.

Patches Lady

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails