Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another Misty Update

GEORGE, TIPPER & MAX

We have to tell about the terrible thing that's going on here. Mom's been sleeping in the guestroom with Misty and this is totally unfair!!!

Why does Misty get to sleep in a special room with MOM? What about us? What if WE need her? What if WE want to be with Mom?

MOM

Now listen you 3, you know Misty is sick. So let me talk for a minute to give everyone an update, then you can have your blog back.

Another vet visit and $75 added to the total (now up to $415, and thank God for credit cards!) to confirm her infection has moved into her lungs. The poor baby....you can feel the rattles in her chest when she exhales. The vet says her temp is normal but could spike again, and wants us to continue the Clavamox for 10 more days, with an increased dosage twice a day. The good news is she's eating and has gained some weight, but now she goes into these coughing fits. Still, she's playful and from the way she runs around, you wouldn't know she's sick until you hear her loud breathing from across the room. We don't know if this is pneumonia or bronchitis, but are still hoping she'll recover.

I'm not allowing her the run of the house yet, so she's confined while I'm at work and I'm monitoring her at night. But I think tonight, if her breathing has improved, I'll be in my own room. I need some sleep!!!

I'm trying to figure out why I was chosen to have this particular kitten at this time. Aside from her darling personality even through her illness, maybe there's some reason that hasn't been revealed yet. My husband and I made 4 previous visits to the two shelters in our area and had actually chosen a different kitten, but then discovered he was spoken for. I don't know what prompted us to go back that day and pick Misty. I do know if she had gotten sick at the shelter, they would have destroyed her. There are so many cats, I understand they can't spend money to nurse them back to health, hoping they'll be adopted. So here I am, trying to save one kitten who has won my heart, all the while wondering what is the lesson I'm supposed to learn from this.

OK Crew, it's all yours

GEORGE, TIPPER & MAX

Well....it's still unfair! So even though you're tired, and even though you get hardly any sleep at all when 3 of us are on the bed, we think tonight we should be in your room with you & Dad.

18 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

purrs for misty, you are taking good care of her. Hope she is feeling better soon. Poor thing.

 
At June 27, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Momma thinks there is a reason, and you will know what it is in time. Life, she says is a learning experience. I hate it when she gets all philosphical. Hang in there with Misty and keep us posted.

Patches Lady

 
At June 27, 2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes "reasons" take a long slow route to being revealed and sometimes they hit you over the head. That's what our mom says anyway. But then sometime she wonders why she adopted any of us. As if she had ANYTHING to do with it. Our paws are still crossed for Misty. She's a very fortunate kitty. -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

 
At June 27, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adopted a kitten a year ago from the animal shelter - we'd lost our 17yr old cat a couple of months before, and the kids wanted a kitten.
They had him down as an 8wk old female - he was a 5wk old male. He'd been at the shelter for 1.5 wks. Almost immediately, it became clear that Nicholas wasn't well, in spite of his sweet little personality. After several vet visits (believe me, I understand how those can run up), I had to have him put down because an xray showed a birth defect (part of his spinal column was missing). He couldn't use the litterbox and he was swelling. The vet said he wouldn't last 3 days, and would become very, very miserable before he passed. She was stunned that he'd lasted the 12 days he had with me (I'd been nursing him round the clock), and said he'd been living on love.
I couldn't see a meaning to this. It seemed such a cruel trick. As I left, the vet told me they'd found a cat, and she wasn't really getting along with the office cats or the "clients" - and that when I felt like it, maybe I could come see her? Everyone wanted a kitten, not a cat. But for some reason, the youngest and I finally went to see that cat who needed a home.
We brought Turtle home - who never would have found us if not for Nicholas.
It may be a while until you know why you were chosen to nurse Misty. But there's a reason. We're so glad she is getting better. You've literally saved her little life. Bravo to you.
~ tammara (the mom) :-)

 
At June 27, 2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Mama knew a kitty that had asthma. I think they gave her medicine for it. Like beans.

 
At June 27, 2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Poor little Misty. Hope she gets better soon. At least she is eating, that's good.

 
At June 27, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Misty, we hopes you get better soon so you can be an active member of The Crew.

 
At June 27, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

She'll get better. :)

 
At June 27, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger lambj said...

Poor Misty! I'm sure she appreciates all your love and care and play time. The Crew will get over it, but she needs you. I think that's meaning enough - you've already saved her life and improved it now and forever.
I had a cat with untreatable tumors. I used to hum to her, "I can't give you anything but love, Baby." She purred and was kind enough to not cover her ears.

 
At June 27, 2006 8:26 PM, Blogger Max said...

Msty sounds like Buddah when he came home. They didn't know he was sick til he got here, which is a good thing for him because they never would have brought him home if they'd seen him shoot out those 2 foot long boogers. He was sick, but ran around like his butt was on fire (me, when I caught it, I didn't run anywhere...I hid in the closet...)

You got Misty cause you were supposed to, it's as simple as that. I didn't ike it when the People spent all that time with him hidden in the Younger Human's room, but I got over it eventually. Like, last week... ;)

 
At June 27, 2006 9:40 PM, Blogger nemokitty said...

Hope you gets better soon, Misty!
*purrs*

 
At June 28, 2006 1:38 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

She needed you and you were there ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

 
At June 28, 2006 4:27 AM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

This is to show her what a good Mommy you are. And she has kitty stress from a new place and needs to bond wif her new Mommy. She'll have time to bond wif the rest of you when she feels better. You don't all want to get the sickies now do you?

 
At June 28, 2006 5:41 AM, Blogger Spock said...

We finks God lead you to Misty cause he knew you would love her & take good care of her. Fanks for doing it, I know Misty appreciates it!!

 
At June 28, 2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god for sending you into Misty's Life.Ariel was very sick to
when I got her from a pet shop. It was touch a go for awhile. The vet said he could'nt give me any garantee she would live. Yet I would'nt give up on her now she's a happy healthy 4 year old cat.Sometimes we look with our heart instead of our eyes.Yet I believe God brought Misty to you for a reason. God Bless You all :)

 
At June 28, 2006 11:48 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

God sent you to be Misty's mommy and guardian angel. With all of the love you are giving her, she will be well soon!

 
At June 28, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I agree with The Meezers. God doesn't give you anything you can't handle so you must be able to do so! ;) Sure, it doesn't feel like it, and it's stressful, but it will work out! She'll be better in no time!

 
At June 29, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

It's amazing what love can heal. We'll continue to keep Misty in our thoughts as she gets stronger and bigger and ready to deal with The Crew.

Wait...is anyone ever really "ready" to deal with The Crew?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails