Friday, June 23, 2006

Misty Update

MOM

Just a quick Misty update before the weekend. I'm happy & relieved to say she's doing much better. I spent a few days with an eye dropper feeding her several times a day with a slurry of baby food turkey and Science Diet AD formula mixed with warm water. I ended up wrapping her in a kitchen towel with just her head sticking out, then trying to steady her and force some of the food in her mouth.

Once the Clavamox antibiotic knocked her fever down and her temp was normal, her appetite picked up and she's getting Iam's dry kitten formula. But as you can see, she's also eating Crew's food on her own!! She's become very perky and doesn't want to stay in the bathroom any more. As soon as the door is opened, she scoots out between your feet and dashes into the kitchen. I think by early next week, she'll be able to have the run of the house if everything goes along well.

The other 3 are still getting their Lysine pills twice a day and, so far aren't showing any signs of illness, but I'm watching them closely.

I really appreciate the messages and all your kind words of encouragement with suggestions on dealing with a sick kitten. I'm fairly confident we're out of the woods with Misty, but I won't rest easy for another week or so until I know everyone else will be OK.

12 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

This is good news! Keep getting better, Misty, and grow up strong! Remember to drink your milk for strong bones and healthy teeth!

 
At June 23, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Thanks for the update. This is good news. purrs to the little one.

 
At June 23, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Oh goody! We's furry glad Misty is gettin better. We's glad the other kitties arent gettin sick, too :)
~~ Sanjee, Gree, Boni, Pepi and Mini

 
At June 23, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

I'm glad the baby food worked! She's a spunky little one! Course, I'm a gray and white kitty too, so maybe I am a little pred-jude-its? I came from the streets and never got to be a big kitty, but mama says I'm big enough.

 
At June 23, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

YEAHHHH!! I am so happy to hear that is Misty is doing better and the rest are staying healthy and happy. Keep up the good work, mom! >^,,^<

 
At June 24, 2006 2:48 AM, Blogger KXBC said...

Yipee!

 
At June 24, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Gosh, we havent't visited in awhile and now we find out you have a baby sister! Congratulations! She's a cutie. Hope she is feeling A-ok soon!

 
At June 25, 2006 6:50 AM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a cutie pie! Glad she's better. We bouf gotted sick when Mommy brought us home too. It's the stress that does it. Efen though we know our home is a good place it was a change for us. Then we knew that Mommies allays will takes good care of us!

 
At June 25, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Max said...

This all reminds me of last year when buddah came to live with us, but *I* was the one who got sick. I hope misty didn't come as close to that dark place as I did... I'm glad she's perking up. Hopefully being young will help...It took me a long time to get all better.

She's way too cute to be sick.

 
At June 26, 2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

So glad...SO GLAD! What a stressful way to start her life with you guys! Not only did you have to worry about her, but The Crew, as well.

I'm glad to hear all is moving along nicely.

 
At June 26, 2006 12:47 PM, Blogger nemokitty said...

I'm furry glad you're better, Misty! And I'm glad the Crew isn't sick, eifur! Can I add you to my links?

 
At June 27, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Good that everything's going well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails