Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Checkup

GEORGE

Well, it's over. I came home from my appointment yesterday and after almost 2 hours of continuous meowing, I'm worn out! Poking & prodding, lights shined in ears & eyes, blood samples....on and on and on for my annual physical. To all of you that asked, yes, my V.E.T. is very thorough. But then again, I am a senior catizen, so there are extra things that need to be checked on us older cats. Like the Senior Panel that tells them if my internal organs (liver, kidneys, thyroid & heart) are working good. And at 16.7 lb., it seems I'm a bit heavier than I thought I was. But I'm already eating weight control/hairball formula, so I don't know what else I can do about dieting.

Of course, my V.E.T. told me how handsome and good I am. I said "Well....thanks, but I already know that. Could you just hurry it along so I can go home?"

The only thing they found wrong is that now I have tartar buildup on my teeth!! I thought that was a problem only Max had to deal with...but now I have to have my teeth cleaned. Since I don't like those tartar control treats, the only thing to do it is go back there and take a short nap while the V.E.T. cleans them. Mom thinks I should have this done so no bacteria gets in my blood or makes my teeth fall out and I agree. I don't want anything to detract from my good looks! Plus, it's important to have fresh breath.

But let me tell you, after all this, I'm just exhausted! I need a day to recuperate.

17 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

I am glad you came through your physical fine, George. Hopefully I don't have to go to my v-e-t again until my annual injections in November. He sends me a reminder card as well. You are looking like a fine figure of a senior catizen!

 
At June 01, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Glad to know that you are in tip top shape. I hope the teeth cleaning is not bad, I've never had that done. Good luck with that! Happy napping!

 
At June 01, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Glad you made it back home. I do eat the tartar control treats. So maybe I won't have to get this done.

 
At June 01, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

my momma says that even though I am a baby still I have to go to the V-E-T soon. I'm glad to know you have been lots of times and came home safe and sound.

 
At June 02, 2006 7:28 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Seriously, George...get the teeth cleaned! Aside from the health benefits, I can tell you, no respectable feminine feline will give you a second look if you give her a toothless grin.

Although, you could always get porcelain veneers...if your parents will spring for them!

 
At June 02, 2006 7:45 AM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

You will be even more awesome with clean toofies!

 
At June 02, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh I went to the vet yesterday too. I hate being poked and prodded.

 
At June 02, 2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I'm glad everything went well, George. At least the visit is behind you now, and you can wait a whole 12 more months for another one. :)

 
At June 02, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

A handsome kitty with nice breath! What could be better?

 
At June 02, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

I had my teeth cleaned not too long ago. It wasn't too bad.

 
At June 02, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

My vet keeps it quick. And she respects me more than my stoopid staff. As soon as I growl or hiss, she stops what she's doing. Last year, I growled when she listened to my heart and hissed when she wanted to see my teeth. I also shed efurrywhere. So there.
She said she won't efun microchip me until I'm asleep for teeths sumday.

 
At June 02, 2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Max said...

Ugh. I hate the stabby place! Glad it wasn't too bad for you...

 
At June 04, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Musette said...

Did you get the glaucoma test and everything? I'm not looking forward to ever having that one. . .

 
At June 04, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Always good to have a wellness checkup. That tarter stuff on our teefies is such a problem. Most a the time the Doc just picks it off! Gross! We'd much rather take a nap while it happens too.

 
At June 04, 2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Sorry old chap, didn't know you were an old chap. ; ) Glad you are in good shape with some meat on your bones.
Hey, they said the same thing about tartar on my teeth and wanted me to come back. Mom kinda thinks it's a new vet gimmick, but of course you state a good point about bacteria. When I went to the vet, mom brought along treats so I'd be good and she kinda thinks that is what the vet was seeing on my teeth.
Martha Stewart brushes the teeth of her cats. ; )

 
At June 06, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tartar? TEETH CLEANED??

The horrors!!!!

 
At June 06, 2006 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, George.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails