Monday, June 12, 2006

A New Baby

TIPPER

Mom and I have been talking about me getting a baby. No, not having a baby -- getting a baby. You know, a kitten for myself. I was fixed so I can't have babies of my very own, 'cause Mom says there're way too many unwanted kittens already, but she says I would have been a good mother.

When they got Max for me I was only a year old and didn't know much about raising a kitten, and at that time he was really more for me to play with anyway. Now that I'm 3 years old, we all agree I'm old enough to have a kitten of my own.

Max grew up so fast I hardly had any time to enjoy his kittenhood. Then George stepped in and took over his training and I had hardly anything to do any more. Then before I knew it, Max was grown up!

So Mom and I decided we should get a new baby and I think I would like a sister. Since there's already 2 boys in our family, another girl would even things out! Besides, I think I can relate to a sister better. You know - one girl to another. I can teach her about grooming,the latest trends in collars, and the best spots to get a furtan. As long a she doesn't try to take my octopus, everything'll be fine.

Mom said there are lots of kittens who need homes and very soon she & Dad will go to the shelter to get a baby for me. I'm so exicted I can hardly wait!

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

11 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Chatham said...

I think that's awfully sweet! I'll be checking back to see how the sister search goes.

 
At June 12, 2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow, Tipper, that is very exciting, your own kid! My mom is a big proponent of having things even, too.

 
At June 12, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Wow! What an unexpected turn of events! I didn't know your mom was "expecting" (to get another cat, that is)!

I can't wait to see how this plays out!

 
At June 12, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Tipper, just remember, this one will grow up fast too. If your mum hasta keep getting you a new baby efurry year, you will end up with a huge CREW.

 
At June 12, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Oh how 'citin for you. Daddy said no to any more furkids round our house. She says that acoz he's the one who cleans our poop. Hee hee!

 
At June 12, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

Oh how exciting. Momma said if we ever adopt another baby it will be a girl too. She saw three babies last weekend that a rescue group had, but they were all boys.

 
At June 12, 2006 10:09 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

That's great. It's always nice to have adopted daughters. Will she be wearing a tuxedo too?

 
At June 13, 2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful! Baby sisters can be a real pain in the tail area, but just think about how much fun you can have together. It would be good if she could have similar hair coloring so you can share makeup.

 
At June 13, 2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool! a new baby for all of us to coo over...
:-)

 
At June 13, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Everything in nature needs balance... Two boys must be balanced with Two girls. Take our word for it. Before Dolce, Poor Bella had to fend for herself against her brothers. It wasn't that bad, but I will do anything to encourage someone to adopt another shelter kitty.

 
At June 14, 2006 11:29 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

You are so lucky. Our last kitten was Ko Ko and we have to admit, he is doing pretty good ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails