Thursday, July 13, 2006

Presenting My Case to Dad

GEORGE

This morning, as usual, I was waiting on the edge of the bathroom vanity for Dad to finish his shower. It's my morning routine you know, and something we both look forward to. We talk and each plan our day and I decide if there's anything he needs my help with.

Anyway, after he finished drying off and was getting dressed, he said "Daddy has to get his socks" and that got me to thinking...I don't wear socks, and I'm glad I don't! My toes are free...open to the fresh air, able to be stretched out at will...not confined, getting hot and sweaty! During my daily grooming, I carefully clean my feet myself, paying special attention to my toes. Then I realized... I can use this information to my advantage in presenting my case to Dad! So, here goes!

So Dad, you see, if my feet got really muddy,(ahem) like from being outside, I know Mom would help me wash them.

This will never happen though, since I'm not allowed out! You say I have "virgin paws" meaning they've never touched grass and the few times I managed to sneak out, I never even made it as far as the grass! So I told you all about how cool Buddy's stroller, Derby's screened-in porch and Timmy's walking jacket are, and how I think I should have something like that. You say "No" 'cause you think it would just get me used to being out and then I might try to sneak out more. Well, not if it means my toes will get dirty, or I might have to start wearing socks...but see Dad, a stroller, or at least a screened-in porch would prevent that!!


(Note to readers: See how I've skillfully blended the "socks" subject in order to present my case that I NEED to have something cool? Do you think it might get Dad to change his mind?)

10 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Momma had a cat that only went out on the harness. She thinks that it was helpful because once the kitty did sneak out and she didn't see right away, but she knew where her home was...

 
At July 13, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

it might help, but sometimes the beans just haf their minds made up.

 
At July 13, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

You made a good arguement, now let see if your beanDad will listen!

*ABBY

 
At July 13, 2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Very cunning George! Can't wait to see what their answer is...

 
At July 13, 2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

George, your grasp of the human psyche is simply amazing. I am so in awe of how skillfully you arrange the words so as to lure your human male pet into your trap. This can't help but work for you!

 
At July 13, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I am sorry, but I don't think it will work, George. Nice try though. I just howl at the door a lot....does that work? Not much, sometimes they left me out on a harness (one whole time this whole year) oh, and then the time I sneaked out.I must tell you, your toes will get dirty, but that is the best part, sand between the toes......The Out is overrated anyway.......

Purrs to that little Mistie Everpurr.....

Patches Lady

 
At July 13, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Good try there George, but I'm not so sure it will change your humans' minds. They are concerned for your safety! BUT! A screened in porch would be nice! I'm with ya there. Been tryin to get my hubby to do that to our front porch! Good luck!

 
At July 13, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Ayla said...

I still think outside is overrated. Give me a good pillow and a nice big window and I'm happy.

 
At July 13, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Go for it George. You can't get your paws dirty inside my porch thingy. Plus you can move it to anyplace outside.

 
At July 16, 2006 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keep trying with those arguements, George. Sooner or later he's bound to give in and and get you something cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails