Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Time with Mom

MAX

You know our Dad is out of town. Well, last night I got to spend some time ALONE with Mom...just the two of us! I think this is what it must be like to be an only cat.

Being alone with Mom almost never happens 'cause it's sort of crowded around here and someone else is always by her. That, plus the fact that I'm not the most social guy in the family and usually don't want to be bothered.

Anyway, this is how it happened. When Mom was getting ready for bed, I joined her in the bathroom and she turned on the water so I could get my drink, as usual. Then, to my surprise, instead of just walking out and leaving me on the sink she asked if I wanted to go in the bedroom. "Yes, of course!", I said.

So she picked me up and we went in the bedroom together and she closed the door. NO ONE else could come in and bother us. I could walk all over the bed without bumping into anyone. I had all the space I needed and could choose the perfect place to lay down. I could be next to Mom or not. So we relaxed together and talked. She petted me and told me what a good son I am. You know...the usual stuff...how handsome, how good, how smart, etc. I'm sure you've all heard the same things.

After a while I decided that maybe I shouldn't stay the whole night. What if I needed the litterbox, or got hungry, or needed a drink? I wouldn't be able to get out if Mom was sleeping and the door was closed. So I asked to be let out before she went to sleep.

But, I'm telling you, while it lasted it was great! She said we can try it again some night soon...maybe in the guest room.

14 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Yeah, that wouldn't fly at our house. If Brach were to go into the bedroom for some one-on-one attention? I would totally pluck at the carpet and throw mysels against the door.

I ain't havin' it!

By the way...that last paragraph sounds like it came straight out of one of those romantic smut novels! And I thought I was supposed to be the filthy one! :tee-hee:

 
At September 28, 2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh how furry nice of your mom! I wish I could do that. But she knows that none of us are shy...

 
At September 28, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh that sounds reely nice. Whenefurr I snuggle up to my mum, that big oaf Eric jumps up an walks all ofurr me, an I get down cuz he squishes me.

 
At September 28, 2006 9:12 AM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

nuffin likes a lil one on one time wif ur mommie, Max. i's in a house wif anofer big cat and a lil woofie that finks she be a cat.

o, we three be in Houston Texas, me 'n Bear 'n Missy Blue Eyes.

 
At September 28, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Nice quality time with Mom. That's great.

 
At September 28, 2006 11:08 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Isn't that nice. Sounds like you deserved the quality time. I know what you mean though, closed doors are BAD news!

 
At September 28, 2006 1:22 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh how wonderful that you gotted to spend time wif your mommy all alone. that's always the bestest time.

 
At September 28, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

awwww, that's so great! there's nuthin' like some special treatment once in a while to make a cat a king!

our mom tries to do that with each of us, too, but mostly with xing, acause she doesn't get along with any of the rest of us.

an' we don't mind, acause if she's in there with us and mom, we're busy fightin' her, and not lovin' on mom. she's what you call a distrackshun.

thanks for your comment on the non-contest blog entry. we'll hafta try that some time; here, mousie, mousie, mousie . . .

nels & nitro

 
At September 28, 2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so nice.It's great to have those special times.

 
At September 28, 2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

It is nice that you gotted some one on one time with your mum. Always important.

 
At September 28, 2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Oh gosh, that sounds wonderful! But it can't happen in my house because my sisters would do a Kukka. Then my mom would yell at them and I'd get all upset and see it wouldn't work.

 
At September 28, 2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's always great to have time alone with your special person. In my case, that's Dad (but don't tell Mom).

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

 
At September 28, 2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nice nite you had! one on one time is the best!

 
At September 29, 2006 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time I spend with my mum is when she's on the computer, I've made her clear the rest of the desk specially for me so I can lie beside her. Got to make sure she's not checking out strange websites or shopping for strays. But sometimes she gets upset when she and dad are watching tv, and I sum up my choices, and sit on his lap. He's got a nice big fat belly for cushioning. Just nice to stick my claws in. Aaahhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails