Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm Fine

MISTY

Don't worry everyone...I'm fine! Mom explained to me that now that I'm six months old, I need to catch up on my kitten shots that I couldn't get when I was real little 'cause I was very sick. Now I understand that Mom wants me to stay well. So do I! I never want to be sick or take medicine again. So if the shot protects me against kitty sickness, I'm OK with that.

Here I am with my V.E.T. lady. Tipper says some cats don't like their V.E.T. but I think my lady is nice. She played with me and her helper held me and petted me. I was happy and very brave and didn't even cry when I got my shot. I was tested for feline leukemia and I'm OK. My lady looked in my ears and eyes and listened to my heart, but I was purring so loud she could hardly hear it!

But the best part is, you'll never guess how big I am! I've been eating lots so I can grow big and it's working great. I weigh 8.3 lb.!!! Can you believe it? Mom said she thought maybe I might weigh 6 lb. but never expected me to be over 8 lb. Gosh, I hope she doesn't put me on a diet now! I need to keep growing.

For all my friends who thought I was going to have a girl operation, Mom says I had that before I was adopted. At the shelter I was in, they don't let your Mom take you home until you have your girl operation. This is to be sure adopted kitties can't make kittens. That's OK with me. I don't want any kittens...I have so much to do already, and I'm still a kitten myself!

19 Comments:

At October 13, 2006 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went well.I don't like going to the vet yet yours sounds so nice.

 
At October 13, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I had my lady parts "addressed" when I was only 2.5 lbs!

I try to tell my agent I believe in "homeopathic" medicine so it will keep me from the Vet, but she's having nothing to do with that logic.

 
At October 13, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh you look furry brave. I am not so brave at the vet, even though they are furry nice to me.

 
At October 13, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Thats good you had a nice checkup! I purr so loud too, they can't hear my heat beat because of it. Even the water running trick doesn't work for me. Misty you're bigger than me!! I weigh 7lbs and I'm 9 months old. Of course, you also weigh as much as Latte but he's runt sized at a year old.

 
At October 13, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Well done Misty, it sounds like you were furry brave. You are growing well, although you still have some way to go to get to 21 lb like me!

 
At October 13, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

You're a brave girl, Misty. And it's nice that you like your doctor. Tthat makes all the difference, doesn't it?

 
At October 14, 2006 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - 8.3 pounds is lots! yur almost as big as Midnight, but only 'bout half the size of Grr
Cocoa

 
At October 14, 2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Susie said...

We both had operations before we were adopted too, but they told us it was to keep us from littering. We would never litter - that's illegal! Right?

 
At October 14, 2006 5:00 AM, Blogger Harmony Kitties said...

Misty... we are so glad you are well. And 8.3lb sounds like a good healthy weight. The weight that usually warrants a diet is 18.3lbs... hee hee. That's when you start to waddle and can't do your yoga back end washes posture anymore.

 
At October 14, 2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a good girl you are Misty. That's good you already had yur girl operation and got that ofur wif. Eight pounds sounds like a good weight to be.

 
At October 14, 2006 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That all sounds like good news! And you were very brave ...

 
At October 14, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

So glad you were a brave kitty at the V-E-T and I'm glad you got over being sick Misty. My Mom got a kick out of you purring so loud that your vet couldn't hear your heart. I don't think I have ever purred during a vet visit.

 
At October 15, 2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh you are such a brave kitty. We are glad everything went OK at the VET.

 
At October 15, 2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I am 10 months old and weigh the same as you......but I put on 2 lbs in a month cuz I only weighed 6 lbs when Momma rescued me. I had two kittens. I loved my kittens so, and Momma says she hopes they found good homes. It is nice to be so loved.

Precious Flower

 
At October 15, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Don't forget - today, Oct 15 is ALL CATS DAYS!

 
At October 15, 2006 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is super cute-I'm glad you told me about it on Friday. Hope the crew is doing well. Tell them hello from their friends at Care Animal Clinic!
<3 Sheila (Care Animal Clinic)

 
At October 15, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

YAY! You got 100% for your check-up!

 
At October 16, 2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on an excellent report!!

 
At October 17, 2006 5:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're a very brave kitty to let them to all that stuff in one visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails