Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's the Chipmunks Fault!

MAX

OK, Mom. (sighs) I was naughty today. (whispers) Mom made me say that but don’t you believe it for a minute.

This is what happened. I was sitting by the sliding screen door that looks out on our deck while Mom and Dad were getting ready for work. It was warm and sunny and I was relaxing and minding my own business when suddenly this chipmunk started running around getting seeds and stuff that my birdies dropped. He was running all over…right in front of me…on MY DECK! Well, I didn’t like that and I started to get a little upset about it. My tail puffed up and swished back and forth, my ears pricked up and I pressed my nose right against the screen. He was only inches from me and I could sniff his chipmunk smell! I watched him until I couldn’t stand it any more.

Some of you might remember when George talked about that screen being torn by our Sister B’s dogs, so I don’t think what happened next is really my fault ‘cause the screen was already broken. Yeah, you guessed it! I wanted to get that chipmunk really, really bad and I was so excited I jumped right through the screen and ran over to where he lives under the deck. Dad yelled and Mom came running after me and shooed me back in the house. Can you see the big hole in the screen, to my right?

You all understand don’t you? That chipmunk was deliberately tormenting me and the screen was already broken, so how is any of this my fault? I was just doing what any guy would do!

Now Dad is mad that he has to take the screen to be fixed. But let’s remember who tore it, and it wasn’t ME! They compliment me on my mousing ability, but then complain when I go after something that’s a lot like a mouse. I hope I don't have to hire Finny to represent me since I'm entirely innocent in this whole incident! That, plus I don't have any money.

21 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Badness said...

As far as we were are concerned you were simply doing your feline duty. As felines, it is our duty to repel all invaders from our territory, screens and Ming vases be damned.

 
At October 11, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Reminds us of our incident, but unfortunately we couldnt blame ours on a chipmunk!

Hey is it our fault the screens get in the way? *giggles*

Purrs - KCC

 
At October 11, 2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh Max it is not your fault at all. You are a cat after all. An it is your job to keep intruders off the deck.

 
At October 11, 2006 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! George stopped by our site, so we came to do the same! Max, we don't know what a chipmunk is, but it would probably be fun to chase! Hey, you didn't tear the screen, so you can't be blamed for the rip!

 
At October 11, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chipmunks are known for tormenting us kitty's it clearly was'nt your fault.

 
At October 11, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Finny will work for catnip. You don't need money. But the hole was not your fault. you just exploited the situtation.

 
At October 11, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Leona said...

Guy almost had a similar incident with a bird on the roof inches from the bedroom window. Guy jumped and bounced off the screen.Luckily the screen held or else Guiy would have been on the roof!

 
At October 11, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why hasn't yur dad bothered ta get it fixed before? hasn't it been like that fur a really long time? an has ya been constantly jumpin through it all that time? NO. only now, when provoked.

 
At October 11, 2006 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah. We think he's only mad cause yoube embarrassed him by showing he was behind in doing his fixing jobs. Maybe you could offer to help fix it?

 
At October 11, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

I gotted a hole in one of our screens once a long time ago. Mama didn't find out about it for a while. I was running around the whole neighborhood! For days and days! I came back for food and so she wouldn't suspect anything.

Then she founded the hole and I can't do that anymore. Now I am a house inside cat.

 
At October 11, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

What's wrong with your dad? Of course it's not your fault. Maybe he just needs some nip or something.

 
At October 12, 2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Those chipmunks!! They are little terrors! And our beans....being mad at us cause we follow our instincts! Sheesh!

 
At October 12, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Nasty chipmunk! You were just following you instincts and thats not your fault. NOT guilty!

 
At October 12, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

You need to present this evidence to your Dad -- 15 out of 15 kitties are backin' you up on this: the screen was SO not your fault!
Blasted chippermunks, out on your deck!
Woulda served it right, if you'd caught it!

 
At October 12, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

make that 19 outta 19--a kitty's gotta do . . . well, you know the rest!

nels, ed, nitro & xing

 
At October 12, 2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You might have to borrow some money from the squillionaire William. (Make that 23)

Patches

 
At October 12, 2006 10:10 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

No kitty is ever guilty. That is the law of nature.

 
At October 13, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

Max, we had a chipmunk IN OUR HOUSE again the other day. i think my sister might of broke it though 'cause it stopped playin'. but really, these things think they can do anything! if you need money for your defense i have 'bout leven dollars in my laundry money. i was savin' it for somethin' special, but if you need it you can have it.

 
At October 14, 2006 5:07 AM, Blogger Harmony Kitties said...

Tell your dad that he has to be more consistent with his rules. If the chipmunk was in the house, he would have expected you to take care of matters. You were only trying to make your dad proud by showing him you would go the extra mile for his safety. No jury in their right mind would find you guilty. As a matter of fact, we think you would get a hero award for going well beyond the call of duty. If you need money, we'll help.

 
At October 14, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Max, yur a tribute to a cat's huntin instinks. Can you help me get at the chirpmonks at our house?

 
At October 15, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

wow, you were so close. no one can blame you for going after the chipmunk. after all, he was taunting you. he didn't realize what a tough hunter you are.
be careful, the best place for kitties is inside unless mommy or daddy takes you on a harness or sumptin.
my vote is "not guilty!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails