Monday, October 09, 2006

Pink - Not so Bad After All

GEORGE

This past weekend our Mom & Dad went to the big Farmer's Market in Madison, WI. This is not too far from where Bonnie & Victor live, but they didn't go and visit them. They also didn't bring anything back but vegetables and pastries...nothing for us (like what's new about that?!)

Anyway, Mom said there were lots of people who brought their dogs with them even though the website says they're not supposed to be there! She said she saw a white chihuahua dog wearing a pink sweater and immediately thought about Skeezix, whose favorite color is pink and who also has large, impressive ears. (Sorry Skeez...she didn't have her camera with her to get a picture for your collection!)

After hearing that and reading about Kismet's new clothes, now I'm thinking maybe pink isn't a bad color for a guy after all. When we first got our cubes, I thought pink was a "girly" color and didn't want to play in or be photographed in the cubes, which we call "The Barbie House". But now I see that if Skeezix, who has excellent fashion sense and Kismet, who is very manly, can deal with pink and not feel girly...so can I!

So, Mom, you are forgiven for buying pink cubes and you may photograph me in them any time.


MOM

(rolls eyes & sighs) Whatever.

GEORGE

I heard that!! And tell Misty to leave me alone 'cause I want to take a nap now.

10 Comments:

At October 09, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW! I reely love yer cube!!! I'd love to have one of thoze becuz I like nice cozy tite spaces. (AND pink!!!)

 
At October 09, 2006 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you DO look very manly in there!

 
At October 09, 2006 3:43 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

well, you do look manly - it's not so much the color.

 
At October 09, 2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Max said...

The man's Dad had a really cool shirt that said "Tough Guys Wear Pink." After meeting him and seeing him in it, 'tis true. So us REAL men don't need to worry about pink. we make it spiffy.

 
At October 10, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

You look furry handsome and manly in the pink cube.

 
At October 10, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

George...the test of a true man is if, secure in his masculinity, he can sport pink with confidence.

Plus, I'd burp and fart a couple of times--just to make sure everyone knows you are all man!

 
At October 10, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Does your pink cube have ribbons on it? Cause if it does then that stands for the fight against breast (can I put that word here?) cancer. And our beans can get that cancer stuff.....so pink is a good color for certain!

 
At October 10, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

You do look very manly George even though you are sitting in a pink cube. And Misty - leave him alone.

I am not afraid to wear pink but I think it would clash with my gingerness and not look too good.

 
At October 10, 2006 12:40 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Pink is a good colour ~Merlin, Shadow, KO KO

 
At October 14, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

If you gots a pink nose like me an pink toes like me, you already wear pink alla time.

Hey, yur beans picked a great day fur the market cuz it wasn't too cold an they proly saw great fall colors. Mom was at werk until noon that day, then my beans went down to the Over-turn Center downtown. You was in close proximity to eachofurs!

Next time, maybe yur beans will find sum catnip at the market.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails