Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday updates

GEORGE

We hope we've solved the problem of pictures not showing up when our blog is viewed using Internet Explorer and that everyone can see our header picture now. Mom had to get help from Photobucket on that one!

Also, thanks to a tip from Kukka-Maria, we learned how to make drop down lists for our side bar links which were getting very long with all the new cat bloggers being added.

For Yuki & Kimiko who asked where we got our new drinking fountain, it came from Pet Supplies +, but they have them at all the large pet supply stores. At about $30 - $40, they're a little expensive but since I need to drink more, Mom went ahead and got it for me. We all like it a lot and play in it so much, Mom had to put a small towel underneath to catch the spills.

My V.E.T. wants me to switch to a diet for senior cats who have kidney problems and suggested giving me canned stinky goodness, but I don't like stinky goodness! So Mom found some pouch food special for senior cats, which has lots of extra liquid like gravy and guess what, I like it! But with my delicate stomach I can't finish a whole pouch so usually the rest of the cats here check out the bowl when I'm done.

MOM

After discovering that my picky boy actually will eat food from a pouch, my plan is to gradually incorporate that with his special dry Science Diet KD. But if I know George, he'll eat the moist food, pick around the dry kibble and lick up all the gravy. But...we have to try and start somewhere!

13 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

We are a whole family of gravy eaters. Sometimes Mom doesn't pay attention to what she's buying so we get some. I try to be cute by saying, "Can I get a biscuit with that?" but she's not amused. She says, "You better just eat some of that meat, too, Tiny Boy."

 
At November 06, 2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Gobble up that special food George! I have been a bit picky lately and I think Meowm may be thinking about mixing my stinky goodness with my dry food.

 
At November 06, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Mommy says that even if George just licks up the gravy it's still getting more moisture into him and that's a good thing. Glad he likes the fountain. Mommy would like to get us one but is waiting until we get older 'cuz she thinks we'll just make a mess (we're 5 months old). She's right, we love to make messes. Mostly we get our water from the bathtub, the sinks, and the woofie's bowl. Maybe you can get George to drink from the tap as well. Our brother Vincent who came before us used to hang out in the tub for hours so that he could get drinks. Mommy swears that he came back and taught us all about water, because we like to hang out in the tub and get drinks and get wet too.

 
At November 06, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Rascal said...

Sounds like things are getting better George. I don't like stinky goodness either. In fact I only like one type of crunchies. I hope I never have to give them up!

 
At November 06, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

We love our fountain. I'll eat amost anyfing I find in my dish... or Bonnie's... or Mom's... or... why's Mom callin me a piggy?

Mom's wonderin if you had any trubble wif the colors fur the drop down lists. When she made one, it had one set of colors on the site to make it, anofur set on our site in Firefox, an ANOFUR set of colors in IE!!! She gave up an fed us insteada fightin wif it.

 
At November 06, 2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Max said...

Wow...I really can't imagine not liking Stinky Goodness...it boggles the mind...in fact, my head hurts just contemplating it...

I hope the new food works for you! And that it tastes good!

 
At November 06, 2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, yay! george is gettin' better--and likin' it!! that is a snazzy water fountain--we likes ice cubes in ours, too!

 
At November 06, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

Yay, George is drinking more. That's good news.

One good way to get George to eat his dry SD KD kibbles is to crush them finely using a rolling pin and mixing them together evenly with the wet stinky goodness. That way, he won't be able to eat around the kibbles. Works on my kxbc gang.

 
At November 06, 2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh George, eat the foods that's good for you!

My you have a ton of links. So far, we aren't that overdone with links but soon maybe...!

 
At November 06, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

George, we is glad you is drinking more and is eating better foods.

 
At November 06, 2006 10:20 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

What a neat fountain you have there. Since Mom has been filtering the water we have been drinking more. Mom tried some gravy food awhile back but we (Gizmo and Patches and I) didn't eat it. Maybe we ought to try it again, maybe our tastes have change. I don't think Cleo has even tried gravy food yet.

Anything to make you better George, that is the main thing.

Casper

 
At November 06, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I love your new header crew! Hmmm...got to get my paws in ma's PSP7 now!

 
At November 06, 2006 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! we see yur picshures now - an they're furry nice too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails