Friday, January 05, 2007

Getting Ready for Gentlemen Callers

MISTY

Tipper and I are havin' gentlemen callers tomorrow.

I asked Mom what a gentleman caller is and she said it's when a man wants to visit a lady, he's very polite so she'll like him. Well I already like Speedy and I know he'll be gentleman 'cause he's practicin' kissin' on his sister Sadie's paw before he kisses mine. We'll talk and play and eat catnip cookies that Mom is makin'!

TIPPER

I think we should get ready. Now hold still while I smooth you down a bit. Is my collar straight? I want to look my best for Mattingly!

Mom, be sure to put out the best pillows for napping and fill the feeders so we can watch birdies. Oh, and fill the food bowl and get the new feather-butt mousies and get the tuna water ready and find the flying feather and...and, uh...let's see, what else...uh...put a blanket on the living room couch so we can look out at the park and get the new catnip toys and oh for heaven's sake, don't forget to clean our litterbox! Oh, I'm just so nervous! I want to make a good impression on our guests.

MOM

Calm down! I'll take care of everything.

MISTY

I'm not nervous so I'll sit by the front door and wait for them.

13 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty, one should never wait on gentleman callers. One makes them wait on you. But you do look lovely and aren't you getting to be such a grown up little kit?!

 
At January 05, 2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Don't forget the bref mints (just in case you do a little smoochin')

 
At January 05, 2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

Don't be nervous, I am sure you will enjoy your gentleman callers.

 
At January 05, 2007 1:05 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, I'm so acited...I think I'm hyperventalating a little. Omigosh, I'm gonna meet a beyootiful gerl kitty who is not my sisfur. Yes, my sisfurs are beyootiful too. I'm not ashamed to say I luv them (and my mommy) and I don't think it makes me any less of a man. And, I get to meet Derby and Mattingly and Max and George and Tipper too! It's to much acitement. ::mom I need a calming snuggle::/~Speedy Oh, fanks fur remindnig me Cheysuli, bref mints definitly. Not that I think I'll get to do any kissin' but yoo can neffur be to shur.

 
At January 05, 2007 4:38 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Have fun.

 
At January 05, 2007 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty and Tipper, you both look just absolutely desirable, so don't worry about it. Your gentlemen visitors are going to be very impressed!

You have groomed your fur to perfection, you have the house arranged well, and the visting guys are going to be VERY impressed!

 
At January 05, 2007 5:37 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo bofe look beeyootyfull. Yer gennullmen cawlers will be putty in yer paws.

 
At January 05, 2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Mattingly said...

You ladies will both look lovely! You really didn't have to go to so much trouble for us I'm sure. It will be a pleasure just to spend an afternoon in your company.

Ok... I'm coming off more suave than I feel. I'm very nervous and hope I present myself well tomorrow. Can't wait to meet you!

 
At January 06, 2007 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure everything will work out fine.Your both very beautiful kitty's
and Mattingly sounds very nice.

 
At January 06, 2007 3:57 PM, Blogger Harlie said...

Hi Crew! I hope you've been enjoying my big brother for the day! I now have to ask you to send him home though. It's nearly dinner time, I'm getting hungry, and we want to hear all about his busy day. We hope he was a good guest! I hope next time I can come too!

 
At January 06, 2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Your impending visit sounds so aciting! Efurrything will be fine and yoo'll have so much fun. Do tell us how efurrything goes will you?

 
At January 06, 2007 8:10 PM, Blogger Mattingly said...

Thank you so much all of you! George, Max, Misty, and of course you Tipper for such a wonderful day. Oh! And I can't forget your Mom too. I'm going to write all about it in my blog tonight. I will say for now that I had a wonderful wonderful time and I hope we can do it again sometime! Tipper, you were the perfect hostess, and even more beautiful than your pictures!

 
At January 08, 2007 12:11 AM, Blogger Lux said...

It sounds like it might have all gone well! This is exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails