Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How to Get Your Prize

MISTY

I think it's time for me to give another lesson about being a house lady. Since today is "garbage day" at our house, I want to talk about how to get something from the trash, so everyone, especially kittens, pay attention!! Playing in wastebaskets is OK for routine things like paper, but if you want a good prize, you have to get it from the big pail.

It's best to wait for garbage day. That's when Mom goes around and empties all the wastebaskets and the pail under the kitchen sink comes out, too. Now, this is your big chance, so pay close attention. Do exactly what I tell you, and you'll get a prize!

Wait until your human gets the pail from under the sink. Then when their back is turned to get the big black plastic bag, have your paw ready, claws extended. Quickly reach into the pail and grab the first thing you touch. You have to be very quick about it so they don't see you and try to take your prize away!!! Don't take time to look at what you got...just clench the prize firmly between your teeth and run off with it! It's best if you run into a room with carpeting where you can examine your prize closely.

OK, let's see, what did I get today?? What's this...a teabag?!! (sigh) I don't have any use for an old teabag. Well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.

MAX

Who left this thing on the carpet?

GEORGE

Oh that...Misty stole a teabag out of the trash. Just leave it there. Mom'll find it when she vacuums.

MOM

No wonder I can't keep this rug clean!

16 Comments:

At March 28, 2007 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha erm, uh, I mean.
Yes. this was a very good treasure. Wow!

I usually get tissues or breathrights, once I got a egg shell. That was pretty fun. buuut you have to be careful cause it breaks easily.

~Prinnie

 
At March 28, 2007 3:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Misty, that was a very good lesson you taught us! Sorry your prize was not very good this time.

 
At March 28, 2007 3:17 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

You are furry ingenious, Misty, but maybe teabags on the rug aren't a good thing. Try lurking under the table at human mealtime instead, sometimes good things drop on the floor and you can gobble them up if you're quick!

 
At March 28, 2007 7:42 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Misty, that was a great lesson! I'm sorry this time you only got a teabag, though. Maybe next time you'll get something really good!

 
At March 28, 2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Lux said...

I'll be hoping you get something extra-special next time to make up for the teabag, Misty!

 
At March 28, 2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Boy said...

Hahaha...that wooks wike weal FUN!

 
At March 28, 2007 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't keep the pail under the sink. It has a lid. I do my best to rescue food that might get put in there from plates and the counter tops though...

 
At March 28, 2007 11:32 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

heehee we will haf to try that Misty ~Merlin, Shadow, KO ko and the Poiland Tribe

 
At March 29, 2007 12:22 AM, Blogger Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Oooo...the Spice Cats will get a stern scolding if they play with the trash.

 
At March 29, 2007 12:53 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thank you for the lesson Misty! I guess that's one of the reasons why my humans keep the door to the kitchen closed!

You are very talented and quick to be able to fish your prizes out of the garbage.

 
At March 29, 2007 6:11 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Good one Misty! I will try this tomorrow when it's our trash day. I'd love to get my paws on some good treasure!

 
At March 29, 2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

Very smart. I'll try this Monday on our garbage day. Hmmmm I'll have to help mommy plan dinner so I get good leftovers...

 
At March 29, 2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Misty, yoor so smart and talented and beyootiful. If I tried that I would get yelled at and maybe even skwirted wif water (but only if she sees me doing it). I hope yoo get sumfing reely good next time, yoo deeserv it for all dat help yoo gif yoor mom.~Gentle noze kisses, Speedy (the grate baby sitter)

 
At March 29, 2007 10:27 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Wow, you are good! I thought I was good but you're an expert. You're right, you just have to grab whatever is there and leave. Once I stole some cold medicine and that was promptly taken away from me.

Kaze

 
At March 29, 2007 12:45 PM, Blogger sammawow said...

That is a very good technique, Misty. We hope you get something better than a tea bag next time!

Purrrs, China Cat & Willow

 
At April 04, 2007 4:52 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Some teas have catnip in them so don't disregard that old teabag so quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails