Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our Checkup

TIPPER

Well, it was time for our annual checkup at the V.E.T. So without any notice or discussion beforehand, Max and I were shoved in the carrier and off we went. You know, Mom, a girl might appreciate some advance notice about a doctor visit to prepare herself!

All the way there I protested about it, and let her know I wasn't happy. Then when we got there, I was first for my exam. Weight, heart, lungs, eyes, ears, mouth...poke, prod. Then I saw the needle and tried to escape, but the doctor held on and gave me my rooster shot!

When it was over, she told me how good I am but that I need to lose a little weight. What?! I thought I looked fine! I told her real women have curves and that Mattingly thinks I look fine! As long as I'm healthy, I think a little junk in my trunk is OK.

She told Mom I need to exercise! Hmmpf!

Fine... get the feather and I'll do a few jumps, but then I want a treat!



MAX

When I saw Tipper being put in the carrier I ran, but Mom caught me. Being the great escape artist that I am, I got away again. The chase was on! She got me again and I nearly got away, but she held onto my back leg and before I knew it, I was shoved in the carrier with Tipper.

I growled to let her know how upset I was but I felt a little bad afterwards, 'cause I really love Mom and never growl at her. Then she nearly threw her back out hauling us out to the car. Ha! Serves her right for trying to carry both of us together.

When we got to the V.E.T., Tipper went first but when it was my turn, I wouldn't come out of the carrier. The doctor even offered me some treats, but I stood firm in my resolve! Nothing could tempt me and no one was getting me out of that carrier...that is, until Mom unscrewed the top and lifted me out!

But all the way through my exam I was the strong, silent type. I wouldn't say a word, even when the doctor told me how handsome I am! But I thought to myself...yes, that's me...strong, silent and handsome.

Then the doctor said I'm in good health but that I need to lose some weight, too. Lose weight!! Can I help it if I have a healthy appetite and I'm not picky, like some cats around here? I am the bigger brother after all!

I think 17.7 lb. is a good weight for a manly guy and if Tipper is getting a treat, I WANT ONE TOO!

23 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Aaaaaahhhhhh! Rooster shots! That is some terrible torture you two endured. Thank goodness you are back safe at home.

 
At October 16, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger The Furry Fighter said...

weez just got back the vet place too! just check-ups - no jections or anything like that. seems we both had horrid days! i hope you get some chicken rewards tonight xxx

 
At October 16, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Parker said...

You both deserve many many treats for all that you had to go thru.
I growled at Mommy once, I felt really bad about it too!

 
At October 16, 2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm sorry to hear you had to go to the vet for your annual check-ups. Too bad that both of you need to lose weight. But if you need to be thinner to be healthy, then that's what you have to do. Do you have a Whirlybird? I love mine for getting some exercise.

 
At October 16, 2007 9:27 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh no, not rooster shots!! aieeeee.

neifur of you needs to lose weight. i weigh 16.6 lbs and I'm purrfekt, so if i'm purrfekt you is too! - Miles

 
At October 16, 2007 9:55 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Rooster shots! EEK! I'm going to the V-E-T next Thursday and Mom is going to have my female innerds ripped out. I'm so scared! Congratulations on the great checkups. Cats aren't fat, we're floofy!

Laila

 
At October 16, 2007 10:15 AM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Sorry to hear you had to go to the vet :-0 I think this vet has a prejudice against floofy cats. There's nothing wrong with having a good appetite and a little pudge for a cat.

 
At October 16, 2007 10:23 AM, Blogger None said...

Needles are scary! I think you need a new vet, this one just wants to starve you!

Purrrs,
Tamra

 
At October 16, 2007 11:08 AM, Blogger Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Not the V-E-T! Don't feel bad, our Aunt Susan tells Dante he needs to lose weight too. We say ignore the V-E-T-S and enjoy the foods anyway!

 
At October 16, 2007 12:27 PM, Blogger The M's said...

We have an award for all of you sweet kitties, come over and pick it up...Missy and Monte.

 
At October 16, 2007 1:15 PM, Blogger Tazo said...

I think you guys look perfect just the way you are. I hope you both got lots of treats for being so good and the V-E-T's office.

 
At October 16, 2007 2:45 PM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh that is horrible that TWO of you had to go to the vet. I think you both look good. I don't know why the vet would say that!

 
At October 16, 2007 6:23 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Gosh, Max, has your mom been talking to my mom? My mom's done that take-the-top-off-the-troll-box thing too!

 
At October 16, 2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Amy in NC said...

Tipper, my twin, I think your curves are quite lovely...

I am trying to blog again, but I will have to make sure that Mom doesn't keep hogging the 'puter

Knightly

 
At October 16, 2007 7:44 PM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

I'll takes some of your weight if's you likes? I was tolds I need to gains some more weights.

 
At October 16, 2007 7:49 PM, Blogger Mr.G said...

oh good golly! loose weight.......ppphhhhhttt! you all look great to me. my mom thinks that I need to loose weight too.... but I get mad when she doesn't feed me. I get even shall we say.

 
At October 16, 2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I really do not like going to the vets, but I have to admit that I don't think it is that bad. I would still rather just stay home.

 
At October 16, 2007 11:18 PM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so happy both of you got great result~!! That is great good big news~!!!!!

Tipper, you could play the feathers like me and you will lose a little bit weight. But I think your shape is good for me~!! I don't know why is the level of human thinks~! Anyway, keep in health~!!!!!!

Kiss

 
At October 17, 2007 1:20 AM, Blogger Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

I think you look fine too. Don't trust everything the vet says.

 
At October 17, 2007 2:40 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

It's nearly time for our Rooster shots too... I hope the VET doesn't tell me I need to loose weight, though she can tell Tigmut'hep that all she wants! ;)

 
At October 17, 2007 6:27 AM, Blogger Tybalt said...

Thanks for the welcome! You can call me Prince, Ty, or Tybalt, whatever you prefer! My mommy calls me Tibbles a lot, which is a little too cutesie for a royal mancat like me, but I let her get away with it.

Both of you were very, very brave!Congratulations on surviving the trauma of the rooster shot!

 
At October 17, 2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you both look fine to me, and a cat knows more about such things than any human, no matter how many degrees they have.

Glad you made it through the visit OK, and that you're both fit as a fiddle.

 
At October 19, 2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

You guys both look great, and a lapful is what we're supposed to be! So sorry about that needle-thing. Staying healthy hurts sometimes, but it's definitely no fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails