Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Garden Tour

This is a departure from the normal blog subject matter, but I want to tell all the gardeners out there (especially those in the Midwest) about a fantastic botanical garden specializing in hosta varieties. We visited there on Memorial Day and toured the display gardens which were breathtaking with over 1000 mature hostas, ferns and azaleas, sculptures and artwork. They sell the hostas and ferns on display and we added 5 new hostas to our collection, which now numbers 113.

It's called Foxfire Gardens outside Marshfield, WI, which is about a 3 hour drive for us, but it makes a nice day trip. They also sell over the internet and will ship healthy stock at reasonable prices. The link is www.foxfiregardens.com. Even if you're not into hostas, their website is worth a look just for the beautiful pictures.


7 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My human thought it looked gorgeous and was trying to see the map and if it would be doable to go there when she was in Racine. I was much more interested in the jurassic theme park on the way...

 
At May 30, 2007 12:23 PM, Blogger HRH Yao-Lin said...

THAT is the kind of garden I deserve. Not this piffling triffling little lawn outside my window. I am deeply jealous. xx

 
At May 30, 2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Tipper... saw your comment on my blog and just want to say that you are so correct about getting things fixed so that there are no unplanned litters.

Perhaps this is what upset me so about that baby kitten coming into my garden... that he might look to me as some kind of surrogate mother and that just isn't in the plan for my life, let me tell you!!

Nice post about the gardens! You should come to England because we have some nice gardens over here too!

 
At May 30, 2007 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our mom loves hostas. We have about a squillion hostas in our back yard. They are fun to hide under. It is also fun for mom to look for us when we are hiding under hostas.

 
At May 30, 2007 7:28 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum will have to check this place out. Not that we are that into hosta's, but there may be other stuff mum will like.

 
At May 30, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Wow that looks like a lovely garden to roam. I'll check it out with Mommy, at least on the Internet. Thanks for sharing!

 
At May 31, 2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Monica said...

That is a very beautiful garden. I would like to chomp on some of those plants and see if they taste any good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails