Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Gift

GEORGE

Well, here it is. This was my purrthday surprise --- a screened in porch. Isn't it great!!! I'll show you more pictures later.

Derby was the first one to talk about his porch and Mom thought it was a great idea. That way we can be outside and watch Mom or Dad while they work in the yard and they can keep an eye on us, too. Meanwhile we're still safe from ticks & 'squitos, getting lost or things that could harm us. I must admit, I was a little nervous at first, so Max agreed to go in with me. He's a good brother.

















Mom got the larger size, which would actually hold the entire Crew if we all wanted to be outside at the same time. Then she put an old bathroom rug in it and an old pillow. This is the life of luxury, don't you agree? For anyone interested in getting one of these, Mom found it at Target in the pet supply aisle. It's actually for dogs and comes in 2 sizes, large (for 3 or 4 cats) and small (for 1 or 2 cats) for about $25 and $20. And when you're not using it, it folds flat for storage.

Zippy, Sadie & Speedy were the first ones to guess it correctly, and of course Derby knew right away. I guess my friends know me pretty well! Hahahahaha!

Thanks so much to everyone who sent me Catster stars, rosettes & zealies for my purrthday and for all your good wishes. I really appreciate it!

Some of the older cats don't think I should refer to myself as a Geezer yet, and maybe they're right. Actually I don't feel any different than I did when I was 9, so I think I'll take Muffin's advice and refer to myself as a "mature gentleman".

21 Comments:

At July 11, 2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool. I'll have to look into that. We've only seen the bigger ones and those are so expensive!

I didn't even think to go over to catster. How rude of me.

 
At July 11, 2007 8:31 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

This is a great thing! You can play with it or just sit in it or claw at it a bit...
Sorry. I just like clawing. And biting. That´s the feral in me...
Anastasia

 
At July 11, 2007 8:46 AM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

That is a way cool present! Happy Birthday!!!

 
At July 11, 2007 9:53 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Whoa, George, dat is a grate purrthday present! Oh, now we reely want one! Mom's going to Target today to get our litter bins, we gotta have her get one of those!

 
At July 11, 2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

George that is so great!! You can be outside and safe at the same time!! And you all can be in at the same time!! Very cool! Drat's we forgot about Catster, too.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

 
At July 11, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

WOW! What a good idea! Congratulations Crew you're so lucky to find a way outdoors. I hope you have lots of good times in it.

 
At July 11, 2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

That's a great purrthday purresent! Happy belated purrthday, George!

 
At July 11, 2007 1:52 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

GEORGE!!! I amost missed yur purrthday! Looks like a good one!
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes,
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes,
Hippo Birdy Deer George,
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes!
...and many more!!!!!
Bonnie's a geezer. You's a mature mancat. Many, many purrs frum yur good furiend, Victor

 
At July 11, 2007 6:27 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Happy Purrthday George. Your new porch looks wonderful. I like your colors better than mine.

But mum has never put a rug in mine. I will have to bug her about that.

Plus mum sometimes uses it in the house, when she needs to keep me in one place for a few minutes. More room than sitting in the PTU.

 
At July 11, 2007 6:45 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

wow, your porch is cool. i'm ten now too, and i do NOT consider myself a geezer. we are in our prime!!

 
At July 11, 2007 7:07 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Happy Purrfday George!! What an awesome purresent! You are so lucky! Sorry we missed your actual Purrfday!!

Luf, Us

 
At July 11, 2007 7:21 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Oh man that's so cool! We need one of those to keep Gandalf in our yard.

 
At July 11, 2007 7:51 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

How cool is that?!? I'm sorry I missed your birthday day, George. I'm glad you had a fun one!

 
At July 11, 2007 8:09 PM, Blogger Max said...

I'd hate it, but I think Buddah would love something like that! Maybe after w emove I can convince the Woman to get one for him...and then just leave him outside!!

 
At July 11, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Catzee said...

Is Misty there? TAG! Misty, yur it! Come by my bloggie to see how to play!

 
At July 12, 2007 7:54 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

This is a brilliant present. You guys are safe in there and can go anywhere you please. FAZ

 
At July 12, 2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

What a fantastic present! It looks like you are having fun looking out the screen window, too. Thanks for the details on where to get one. I might have to ask my Mommie for one.

 
At July 12, 2007 10:20 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

What a great birthday gift! :) Awesome! :) I wish there were Targets in Germany or Canada! Enjoy your screened-in porch! :)

 
At July 12, 2007 3:18 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's a grate purrezzunt George. It good that it means yoo haf plenty of room to relax and git fresh air and be safe.

 
At July 12, 2007 7:34 PM, Blogger Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Wow! This is very cool! I wanna get one for the Spice Cats too! I wonder if they sell it in Malaysia.

 
At September 16, 2007 5:56 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Way cool! You are sooooo lucky! We want one too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails