Friday, February 29, 2008

Match the Box Cat

GEORGE

As a cat lover, our Mom (like most of yours) has quite a collection of "cat" things around...pictures, statues, etc., even spoon rests by the stove. I've shown you some of these things, but there is one thing I haven't shown you.

On a shelf in the guest room is this box, decorated with fine looking cats, and we see it every time we nap on the bed in there. Every time I look at it, I'm reminded of someone I know.

Of course, my first thought was everyone's friend Fat Eric, but he has a distinctive beauty spot (oh gosh, sorry Eric... maybe I should call it a "handsome" spot) on his face. Then I decided to search the Gorgeous Gingers membership roster to see who I could find and what a fine looking group of cats they are!!

Finalists (on the left from top to bottom) are Obi (Forty Paws), Fat Eric, Rudy (Parker's brother) and Pumpkin.

Others (on the right) like Flynn (Eric & Flynn), MuShue , Russell (William's brother) & Fritz either had a painted nose or not quite enough floofiness in the face area.

When comparing these handsome Mancats to the box, note the brilliant orange coloring with darker stripeys contrasting with the white nose & cheeks, the white blaze between the eyes and the overall floofiness of the cheek/eye area.

So what do you think, everyone?




























26 Comments:

At February 29, 2008 9:10 AM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

We finks Mu Shue :)

 
At February 29, 2008 9:32 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Mu Shu was our first choice because of the brilliant color, but he has more color on his nose so then we were thinking maybe Pumpkin.

 
At February 29, 2008 9:54 AM, Blogger Chance said...

I fink it luks jus lyk MuShue.

 
At February 29, 2008 10:04 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Well of course we say OBI!!!!!

Luf, Us

 
At February 29, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

BTW, MuShue would be a natural choice except that he has an orange spot on his nose, and the cat on the box has a white nose. So there.

Luf, Us

 
At February 29, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I vote for Obi! His pattern matches the closest, I think.

 
At February 29, 2008 10:59 AM, Blogger Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Obi. Really. Looks just like that box.

 
At February 29, 2008 11:07 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

If it weren't fur Mu Shue's orinj nose spot, he'd be a shoe-in. If we can't fotoshop Mu Shue, it's Obi.
Is the tabby below Bonnie?

 
At February 29, 2008 11:59 AM, Blogger Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

We think Obi is closest!

 
At February 29, 2008 12:14 PM, Blogger Tybalt said...

When I first saw it, I thought "PUMPKIN!"

 
At February 29, 2008 12:52 PM, Blogger Lux said...

I'll say Pumpkin!

 
At February 29, 2008 1:52 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Obi looks like the closest match to us!

 
At February 29, 2008 2:15 PM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Nothing more exciting than ginger mancats to look at!

 
At February 29, 2008 2:45 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

I thought of Fat Eric first, too. You did a very good job matching up the ginger kitties we know with the kitties on the box :-)

 
At February 29, 2008 4:22 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

I think it looks like Obi!

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link from the GG page to Eric and Flynn. I have fixed it now.

And thanks for posting so much lovely gingerness! You can never have too much gingerness in our house!

 
At February 29, 2008 4:52 PM, Blogger Parker said...

Wow what a gorgeous gruop of Gingers! I have to vote for Rudy - he'd whap me if I didn't!

 
At February 29, 2008 6:24 PM, Blogger Jimmy Joe said...

Boy, every-buddy always likes looking at a bunch of ginger mancats, don't they! I think the cat on the box must by Obi.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

 
At February 29, 2008 7:07 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Gosh my first thought was Fat Eric, but you have so many choices. I think the artist took the good points of all of them and made on picture!

 
At March 01, 2008 9:43 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Great choices! They look lots like ya!

Skeeter

 
At March 02, 2008 3:15 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I think Obi is the closest match. Mu Shue was my first choice, but then I took a closer look.

 
At March 02, 2008 8:33 AM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

Ooooooo I cant choose! Um um, errrrr, I get back to you after my nap.

 
At March 02, 2008 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attention!

 
At March 02, 2008 3:21 PM, Blogger Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Great collection of gingers! I can't make up my mind.

 
At March 02, 2008 8:30 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Even Russell says Obi!

 
At March 02, 2008 10:00 PM, Blogger Pumpkin said...

Hmmm, I wood haff to vote fur Obi. The box poodin duzzent haff bloo eyes like me and I fink I haff more wite on mine face too.

 
At March 03, 2008 2:39 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

My Mummy just has a couple of carved wooden cats, she's pretty good at not collecting loads of bits so we can spend more of her green papers on toys and treats! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails