Friday, May 09, 2008

Nice Work, If You Can Get It!

GEORGE

Dad is having more than a little trouble with one of the people he snoopervises at work. Naturally, he talked it over with me and I offered to go to work with him and whip things into shape over there. Since I don't put up with any nonsense, I'm sure I 'd have that place running smoothly in no time. A few well-placed whaps should bring the offender to his senses, don't you think?!

Of course, in order to do this, I have a few requirements which must be met and I feel they're all quite reasonable.

1. A large corner office with sunny napping spots and windows for birdie watching. A few feeders and a bird bath for them would be nice, too.

2. A soft couch (not a chair...I may need to stretch out) with pillows & a fluffy blanket or quilt, laundered weekly.

3. My own bowl of fresh tuna water served twice daily. At the 2PM serving, I'd like a few morsels of tuna, too.

4. A key to the executive bathroom containing my private litterbox, scooped after every use, of course. Maybe one of those automatic litterboxes would be nice.

5. A private secretary. Since Mom types for me, she'd have to come with and would need an office and a computer.

6. A full bowl of Iam's kibbles. Anything else makes me throw up.

7. Fresh water with ice cubes in it for me to play with, said cubes to be replaced as they melt.

8. A large salary so I can get lots of green papers

9. A STROLLER for daily walks (Mom could take me in between her typing)

10. I'm open to your suggestions for anything I may have forgotten to include.

I know...you're probably thinking to yourself, but George it sounds like all you're planning is eating and a lot of resting.

Well, yes! I do my best thinking while napping and I do have to keep up my strength to deal with all those problems, don't I?!

21 Comments:

At May 09, 2008 8:10 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Did you ask for health care? You know veterinary care is going up and I think you should get health care. Also, what retirement? I think you should be taken care of when you are too old to work. And did you get signed up for the worker's disability if they offer it? I mean all those naps can be trying.

 
At May 09, 2008 8:11 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

George, that sounds like an ideal job, except for the automatic litterbox in #4. Those things scare me!

If your Dad has two problem people at work, he can hire me to help with the second one. Of course, I must demand the same considerations as you.

 
At May 09, 2008 8:17 AM, Blogger Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Yes, the health care and sick leave would have to be discussed before hand.

Sounds like you are the cat for the job!!

~Goldie

 
At May 09, 2008 8:37 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh yes George, you have to consider health care and sick time...also something called a 401K fur yoor retirement. Try not to take a middle management position, mom sez dey get it from both sides, whatever dat means. We hear yoor beans are leaving fur da weekend, would yoo like to come over and play while they're gone? Our beans will be here, in fact, der will be extra beans fur snuggles and petting on Sunday.
Misty, my sweet, please come over while your beans is gone so I can take care of you and protect you.~Speedy

 
At May 09, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Do not forget about vacation time! I think you should start off with at least 20 weeks of vacation time per year. This can increase as you attain more seniority with the company, up to 45 weeks of vacation time per year.

 
At May 09, 2008 10:10 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

George, we think your office set-up sounds almost perfect! We agree that health care should also be provided if you live in a country that doesn't have universal health care.

 
At May 09, 2008 11:04 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

Glad you are thinking of going to work George.
I am sure that with your qualifications they give give you anything you want!

 
At May 09, 2008 2:35 PM, Blogger Babs (Beetle) said...

What about a bit of nip? I should think that any working cat needs a shot of nip once or twice a day.

Purrs, Sukie X

 
At May 09, 2008 2:43 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Misty, da gerls sed we could haf da couch to ourselves! Dey is setting up to watch it from da Gizzy kwilts and cubes and pillows in front of da screen. Or we could watch it in dad's office, I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving us some privacy and we could use da big leather puter chair. Yeah, I like dat idea den yoor brofurs and my sisfurs can sprawl out on da sofa and not be crowded.~Speedy

 
At May 09, 2008 3:06 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

I think your demands are in keeping with your position as senior cat and family advisor.If your fatherwants you to help out at work, you deserve to do so in comfort.
PS Happy Belated Birthday to the family.

 
At May 09, 2008 3:06 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

I think your demands are in keeping with your position as senior cat and family advisor.If your fatherwants you to help out at work, you deserve to do so in comfort.
PS Happy Belated Birthday to the family.

 
At May 09, 2008 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think you would make an excellent snoopervisor at your Dad's job.

Don't forget to ask for a cute cat secretary!

 
At May 09, 2008 7:33 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I think your demands are completely reasonable. If you need a right pawed mancat, let me know. Mum says it won't be long commute.

 
At May 09, 2008 8:02 PM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

Stroller, executive bathroom,, and large salary are very good requests.

 
At May 10, 2008 12:32 PM, Blogger Lux said...

I don't think those expectations are out of line. For a start, anyway. :)

 
At May 10, 2008 11:35 PM, Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Hmmmm . . . maybe in stead of whip things into shape, yer daddy should THWAP things into shape!

 
At May 11, 2008 5:56 AM, Blogger Parker said...

All of those requests are very reasonable! But, you forgot about 'nip breaks!

 
At May 11, 2008 7:31 AM, Blogger Sweets the Cat said...

Hehe! Thats quite a list. And that sure would be a lot of ice cubes! But not enough, I say. ;)

 
At May 11, 2008 10:44 AM, Blogger The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to your mommy!

 
At May 12, 2008 6:50 AM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

How thoughtful of you to offer to help your Dad snoopervise! That picutre is wonderful butyou look very tiny in it--was that when you were a little boy or are you that small still?

What will your sibs do during the day with you and your mom at your dad's office?

 
At May 12, 2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Sounds like a fair deal to me ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails