Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Forgotten Purrthday

GEORGE

(gasp) I can't believe it! I just can't believe that my own mother completely forgot my purrthday today! I'm her eldest cat...her FAVORITE SON!!! Well fine, she says we're all her favorites, but I know better than that.

How could she forget? It's not like I'm expecting a truckload of gifts, even though I deserve them, but how could she not at least do a special posting for me?! I'm 11 now...I'm old...I'm a GEEZER!! My days are numbered, and she FORGOT?!!! I take care of this whole house...I do everything around here, and she FORGOT?!!! This is the thanks I get for being the perfect son?

(sigh) Even Dad didn't wish me a happy purrthday before he left this morning. I meowed & meowed and followed him around. He asked why I was meowing so much but then left for work. I was trying to tell him IT'S MY PURRTHDAAAAAY!!!!!

I'm crushed. (sniff) I'll probably just lay here all day feeling sorry for myself. Luckily my friends remembered my special day, otherwise no one would have wished me a happy purrthday...NO ONE at all. (sniff)

MOM

Oh Georgie...I'm so sorry!! Can you ever forgive me?

It's just that with everything that's been going on, which we'll be posting about soon, and just getting back from our trip to see Grampa, I thought about doing your birthday post, but then I got busy. I'll do it right now, OK?

GEORGE

Hmmpff. It's not the same if I have to remind you, you know.

MOM

I know. I should have done a special surprise for your 11th birthday. I'm really, really sorry.

How about if you have some tuna and invite some friends over. I'll even open more than one can.

Then tonight when Dad gets home you can have a special holding, OK? We'll all sing Happy Birthday to you.


GEORGE

(sigh) Well... I do like tuna water and I suppose it would be nice to have my friends over.

But where is my cake? Misty, Max & Tipper got cakes for their purrthdays, you know.

MOM

Cake? Yes, of course you should have a cake.

Here, how's this? See, it even has 11 candles on it.

GEORGE

Hmmm...well, I suppose it's OK.

What about the ice cream and balloons?


MOM

Yes, yes. I have them right here. Are these OK?







GEORGE

Hmmm...only one cone? Are all my friends supposed to share it?

MOM

Oh...you're right. OK, how's this?

GEORGE

That's better. Did you get me any presents?

MOM

Well...I do have new collars for all of you. I haven't had time to get anything else.

Are you feeling better now that we talked about this?

GEORGE

Sorry Mom...I don't have any more time to talk to you now. I'm headed over to the M-Cats Club for my big purrthday celebration. Oh...and I'm taking my cake, ice cream and balloons with me. Hey Max, grab that tuna and let's go!!!

28 Comments:

At July 10, 2008 12:02 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Happy happy happy Birthday, George!!

 
At July 10, 2008 12:51 PM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

So todays your purrthday? Happy Purthday to you!

 
At July 10, 2008 12:53 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Happy Birthday! As the eldest boy I too get forgotten FAR too often.

Chase

 
At July 10, 2008 12:55 PM, Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

Well George, it does seem that your mom is trying to make up for her "sometimers" brain-lapse!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
from all us purries
at Purrchance To Dream
& Not The Mama, too!

 
At July 10, 2008 1:10 PM, Blogger Babs (Beetle) said...

Happy almost forgotten birthday George!

Purrs, Sukie X

 
At July 10, 2008 1:47 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Happiest of Happy Purrthdays George! Hopefully your Mom will continue to feel bad about almost forgetting your birthday and get you loads of presents!

 
At July 10, 2008 2:19 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

You're so sly...Happy Birthday George! Happy Eleventh and have fun at your party.

Hugs...Gretchen and Mike

 
At July 10, 2008 3:23 PM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy 11th Purrthday! It's okay to forgive your mom. Belated purthday wishes are better than none.

Laila and Minchie

 
At July 10, 2008 3:53 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Happy Birthday, George!

 
At July 10, 2008 4:06 PM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy 11th Birthday George and many, many many mooooore! Your FL furiends,

 
At July 10, 2008 5:27 PM, Blogger SophieKitty said...

Happy Birthday, George! And many, many more.

 
At July 10, 2008 6:00 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

Hapy Birthday George.It was very wrong of your humans to forget your special day.You would be entirely justified in leaving them
a mushy present on the thow up couch!

 
At July 10, 2008 6:32 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Birthday to you George! I come bearing ham!!!!

 
At July 10, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Happy Purrthday George! I brought some nip for you. We can take it over to the M-Cats Club if you want.
Purrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi and the rest of the Hotties

 
At July 10, 2008 6:53 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Happy Purrthday George.

 
At July 10, 2008 8:13 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Oh, George, I know how you feel. My mom misses our birthdays all the time. I just blame Russell--feel free to do the same. Happy birthday!!

 
At July 10, 2008 9:27 PM, Blogger Max said...

Dood, my birthday has been forgotten too, and IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!

I hope it turned out to be a happy one anyway. Or that they do some serious kissing up to make it up to you.

 
At July 10, 2008 9:47 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Happy Purrthday George...mom forgot Zippy's gotcha day! Sometimes dey is just so forgetful...

 
At July 11, 2008 2:33 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

HAPPY PURRFDAY GEORGE!!!!

Nice job with the guilt!!!

 
At July 11, 2008 3:54 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

Aw, happy purrthday, George! I got some tuna water yesterday as a special treat...perhaps Treater knew that your special day was coming up?

 
At July 11, 2008 5:46 AM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Happy Birthday, George!!!

 
At July 11, 2008 5:54 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

Once the catnip jelly is set drop by and I'll make sure My Mummy gives you a nice big cube of it for your 11th Birthday treat too! :)

 
At July 11, 2008 11:23 AM, Blogger Lux said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you, George!

 
At July 11, 2008 2:28 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Belated Happy Birthday, George :-D I'm sorry your beans forgot at first, but it looks like your Mom manged to come through with lots of good things to help you celebrate your birthday!

 
At July 12, 2008 2:56 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

Happy purthday George.It wasn't a complete disaster after all ! Enjoy your partay.

 
At July 13, 2008 8:37 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

See? There was a birfday pary after all... ;)

 
At July 15, 2008 12:34 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

George, we are sorry your mom forgot your birthday, and we are sorry we missed it! We hope you had a happy birthday! You should definitely ask for a harness.

 
At July 21, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

OMDawg! We totally missed your Purrfday George!!! How pathetic is that??? We'll all zoom over and bring some cake and niptinis and nip cigars!

Luf, Us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails