Wednesday, November 05, 2008

George's Dilemma

GEORGE

OK, now I'm upset!!!

You all know the new Blurpy Girl has been taking up a lot of Mom's time and so far I've tried to stay calm and haven't said anything about all our friends we're not visiting and the commenting that isn't happening and the contests, etc. that we're not in 'cause I knew Mom was busy. But this...this is too much!!! I can't remain silent any longer!

A while back I did an interview with Petdoc.com and was waiting to be notified that it was published so I could tell you about it. Well, it was published...ON OCTOBER 30!! But where was my secretary and why didn't she find out about it until NOW?!!

She was away helping out at Blurpy's house for a few days and didn't check my emails. When she got home and finally got around to checking my mail she found out my interview had already come and gone!!! If you want to read it, just click the link.

But now I'm faced with a dilemma. What am I going to do about this complete failure on her part to perform her secretarial duties? She's been my secretary for 3 years and Bast knows I've put up with a lot during this time, but at my age I really don't want to start interviewing for and training a new secretary. Since we cats can't offer a big salary with benefits, it's a real problem to get good help. I'm sure you'll agree since most of you face the same problem.

I'm open to suggestions. Should I just let this pass, discipline her a little or place a "Help Wanted" ad and take my chances? I know some of you have tried that, without success.

15 Comments:

At November 05, 2008 12:39 PM, Blogger Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

My momma's been a terrible secretary too. If you find a good solution please let me know!!!

 
At November 05, 2008 1:46 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Mama's been terrible here, too. Otherwise I'd offer her services. But she's been so unreliable lately. Good help is hard to find.

Love,
Tazo

 
At November 05, 2008 1:47 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we think you should do all 3. it's inexcuseable

 
At November 05, 2008 2:01 PM, Blogger Spooky said...

What a great interview!

If you'll take a peek at my blog, you'll notice that my person has really fallen down on the job, too. I'm blaming it on that blurpy thing that's yet to come. Guess I'll be in real trouble once it's here.

(Lala seconds that, too...and it's really bad for her since the blurpy thing will be living at her house!)

 
At November 05, 2008 2:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd pee on her pillow ... just sayin

~ Molly ~

 
At November 05, 2008 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better the devil you know George :)
But make sure your discipline her, do the scoots around the floor with a pookie hanging out leaving a "poo" trail" that she will be cleaning up for the next hour or so!
That will teach her!! hehe

V-V

 
At November 05, 2008 3:12 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmf, our mom doesn't haf a job, doesn't see da grand beans but a couple times a munth and basically has nothing to do but serve us. Does she? In a word...NO! She claims to be bizzy wif cleaning up da house, volunteering at da shelter and a lot of other stuff dat doesn't haf anything to do wif us! What are yoo going to do, yoor right about finding a new one, it's furry dificult. We use punishment and reward...she does fur us, we love on her, she neglects us, we leave her "gifts". Sometimes we think she need a whap in da head, but dat only gets us in trouble. Oh, and if we hear one more time "get off me yoo hairy beast, I'm trying to sleep" we're gonna poop right on her pillow. She can sleep while we sleep...

 
At November 05, 2008 3:21 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

George, that was a great interview! Congratulations :-D

I don't know about putting out a help wanted ad. The candidates out there may be no better than your Mom, and you'd have to train them. I suggest sitting on your Mom a lot, getting right in her face and refusing to budge!!

 
At November 05, 2008 4:25 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I've found that help wanted ads really don't help. All humans tend to be so inferior. I would yak all over everything and then move on but be sure to throw that up in her face quite often whenever you remember...

 
At November 05, 2008 7:11 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I saw your interview the other day. Good luck in the help wanted spot.

 
At November 05, 2008 7:15 PM, Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

I feel your pain! My mom has been getting a little slack lately too! We're going to read your interview now!

 
At November 05, 2008 8:24 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

What is it? Seems like much of the help is really subpar, but really the pay is peanuts. You get what you pay for...

 
At November 05, 2008 11:49 PM, Blogger Max said...

I learned a long time ago you can't always count on People. =sigh=

It was an awesome interview! And thanks for the shout out! They even linked to me!

 
At November 06, 2008 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes Mom's get their priorities a bit mixed up. We should always come first.

 
At November 06, 2008 7:53 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

I think you should fire her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails