Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My VET visit

GEORGE

Yesterday afternoon I was napping on the big bed, as usual, when I was surprised by Dad who shoved me in the carrier without even so much as a how-do-you-do, and before I knew what was happening I was at the VET!

OK, so I've been throwing up a little the past day or two, but I feel fi....

MOM

You've been throwing up a lot for more than 4 days.

GEORGE




(sigh) OK, fine. So I've been throwing up more than usual and Mom wanted me checked out since I'm a senior catizen with signs of early kidney disease. They weighed me (16 lb) and the VET poked and prodded me all over and shined a light in my mouth, eyes and ears and then came the dreaded poke in Spot #13. (shudders)

Then they stole some blood and tried to make me pee, but I wouldn't! "Either you need to go or you don't, and I DON'T!", I shouted. I think they understood then so they shot me twice instead!! One of water in my skin and one to make my tummy feel better and then they said I could go home.

MOM

George was a little dehydrated and had what's called a "Senior Panel" of bloodwork done to see why he's vomiting so much. They rehydrated him and gave some anti-nausea medicine.

We'll watch him for a few days and report back.

11 Comments:

At January 26, 2010 5:08 AM, Blogger Kea said...

George, we have our paws crossed that nothing serious is amiss. We know how awful the V-E-T is...Annie was just there yesterday for a routine full work up and T4, because she's hyper-t. She was pretty mad at mom after that; ha, ha, it was funny.

We'll look for your update; in the meantime we hope you feel better. Purrs and kitty kisses to you.

 
At January 27, 2010 9:16 AM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Oh, George! How awful! We are purring and purraying that everything's a-ok and that you stop ralphing ASAP.

EG

 
At January 27, 2010 11:41 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Get well, George. We don't want you to be throwing up, even though it's lots of fun to drive the humans crazy trying to find all the spots we puked.

 
At January 27, 2010 12:48 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Aw, George...the indignity of it all!

We hope you're feeling better soon. Our mom had a cat that had early kidney disease and he sometimes threw up alot. They say kitties with kidney disease can get upset tummies often. Our vet told our mom she could give him 1/4 tab of pepcid AC (the 10mg size, not the maximum strength) on a daily or every other day basis to help with the vomiting. We hope you are feeling better soon...those fluids should help...

 
At January 27, 2010 5:03 PM, Blogger GLOGIRLY said...

George, we sure hope you start feeling better soon. I'm sure just getting out of the V-E-T's office made you feel a little better...

Glogirly is giggling at your comment about Spot #13. She has no tact. But I feel your pain.

healing purrs to you!
mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

 
At January 27, 2010 5:42 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hope you're feeling fine and back to your good 'ole self soon George!

 
At January 27, 2010 5:47 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Gosh, we hope it's nothing sereeus! Did dey like yoor make-up? We bet dey thawt yoor blush made yoo furry handsome.

 
At January 27, 2010 6:19 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh George I hopes your senior panel is OK and that all you needed was some more water.

 
At January 27, 2010 9:10 PM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Oh George!! We hope you recover from the sick ups and get to feeling better again!! Purrs to you!! I have to go to the vet soon, too!! UGH! (Sam)

 
At January 28, 2010 2:58 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

Poor George. I hope you feel better soon.

 
At January 28, 2010 2:17 PM, Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Brave George...soon you will know what's going on inside your handsome self...we will check back later for news...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails