Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Truth is Out

GEORGE

This morning I was visiting Mom in the bathroom while she & Dad were getting ready for work, and Dad mentioned how handsome I am. "Yes, of course", I thought to myself, nodding in silent agreement.

But then Mom said, "He's one of the handsomest harlequin* boys I know".

"Wait a minute!", I thought. "What does she mean 'One of the handsomest...?' Am I not the only harlequin boy she knows?!"

Turns out - NOT!! Mom proceeded to explain to Dad how many other kitties she knew when she was growing up.

Friends, as I sat there listening I began to feel betrayed. There were others before me...and yes, some of them were harlequins!

When she saw the look on my face, she tried to make me feel better by saying that most of them were girl kitties and that she had to go all the way back, at least a squillion years ago, to when she was a teenager to remember a harlequin boy. Nice try Mom, but once the the truth is out, you can't take it back!!

(sigh
) It's hard to accept, knowing I'm not her first harlequin boy.


* A "harlequin" cat is mostly white with several large patches of any other color.

11 Comments:

At May 19, 2010 10:57 AM, Blogger Max said...

It always sucks to find out that there were others. What makes it worse is when they compare you to cats who came before. Like, don;t they get it? We're the most awesome, not the other way around! Sheesh!

 
At May 19, 2010 11:14 AM, Blogger The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

We never knew that! Skeeter is a Harlequin kittie then too! We think you are the handsomest BOY harlequin!

 
At May 19, 2010 12:30 PM, Blogger The Paw Relations said...

One of the most? One of the most? You are THE most handsome.

 
At May 19, 2010 1:16 PM, Blogger Angel and Kirby said...

We did not know about Harlequin kitties. You are the handsomest that we know!

 
At May 19, 2010 6:31 PM, Blogger Fin said...

You look very handsome to us!! I was Mom's only tabby... right Mom?

 
At May 19, 2010 8:20 PM, Blogger Sweet Praline said...

I never knew about Harlequin kitties. I thought your mom was talking about a romance kitty.

 
At May 19, 2010 8:39 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh man, dat is just so wrong. Yoo are da hansumist!

 
At May 20, 2010 12:20 AM, Blogger Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Oh cool, so that would make Rumblepurr a harlequin? He thinks he's pretty handsome, but I think you give him a run for his money (but don't tell him that!)

~Inigo~

 
At May 20, 2010 5:45 AM, OpenID chezcat1970 said...

We never knew about Harlequins! We think you are the most handsome, though.

 
At May 20, 2010 11:47 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

yep, we thought harlequin kitties were the ones that writed the kissy face books!

You does look upset George

 
At May 21, 2010 8:37 PM, Blogger Baby Patches said...

OMC! Dere were others before you huh well momma told me about her calico cat before me but I understands how special us kitties can be so I knows she luvs me just as much.

Purrrrrrrrrs

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails