Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cricket Speaks

CRICKET

(is this thing on?)

(ahem) How come I'm the last one to talk? Is it 'cause I'm the quietest and I hardly ever meow? If Tiger thinks she's going to take over in this new place, she's wrong!!

She's also wrong about being the oldest. Maybe she forgot, but Dad adopted ME first, along with my littermate brother who's at The Bridge now. When he left for The Bridge he was still a kitten and that's when Tiger was adopted to keep me company. I just wanted to set the record straight 'cause Tiger thinks she knows everything. Sometimes when she swats Gino, she swats me too and I don't like that.

When Gramma let Tiger and Gino out of our room I didn't come out. I'm very quiet and when we first got here, I hid for 3 days. So I don't feel comfortable coming out of our room yet even though the Gramma left the door open for a long time.

Usually I rest behind the TV cabinet and when Gramma comes in to take care of us, sometimes I come out to see her and sometimes I don't. If I do, she pets me and headbutts me and tells me what a good girl I am. I'm 13 years old and I have a fang missing, too, and just so you know, it's the SAME one that Tiger has missing. She thinks she's all that, but she isn't! She's crabby and bossy.

17 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 4:18 AM, Blogger SeaThreePeeO said...

Oh dear Cricket. You don't sound very happy.

 
At August 11, 2010 4:47 AM, Blogger The Monkeys said...

It is nice to meet you, Cricket! You're a very pretty girl. We hope you'll get adjusted soon

 
At August 11, 2010 4:52 AM, Blogger Kea said...

Hi Cricket! What a pretty girl you are! We hope you feel more comfortable there soon and get brave enough to roam around outside the room.

 
At August 11, 2010 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 11, 2010 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Cricket! It takes time to adjust!

 
At August 11, 2010 7:20 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

You are a very nice, sweet girl, and we are glad to meet you.

 
At August 11, 2010 7:25 AM, Blogger Angel Simba said...

You seem a little sensitive, and very sweet, Cricket. Nice to meet you. Good girl for sticking up for yourself as the oldest.

 
At August 11, 2010 8:31 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Cricket, I know exactly how you feel. I do not like new things either and people scare me. Maybe I can come purr at you for awhile?

Gemini

 
At August 11, 2010 9:44 AM, Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Cricket! You are quite a cutie! We think that it is ok that you are the quiet, shy cat. It is good for every family to have one, because oh, otherwise it would be craziness all the time!

 
At August 11, 2010 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cricket you're so cute! I totally understand how you feel. I AM the oldest and Pandora insists she's the Alpha girl! Whata brat!

Skeeter

 
At August 11, 2010 10:21 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, 13, crabby and bossy, thinks she knows effurything, sounds just like Zippy. We'll send Speedy in to visit, he won't let her whap yoo. He sez dat alla da cats hasta get along or he'll just sit on dem! It don't hurt (to much) but it stops da trouble maker from moveing. It's very nice to meet yoo.

 
At August 11, 2010 12:27 PM, Blogger Cat said...

OK, I might not be older than Tiny (she's going to be 16 in December) and I am definitely NOT SHY, but that doesn't mean she can smack me upside the head when she wants...WHAT IS IT WITH THESE WOMEN WHO THINK THEY CAN JUST SMACK UP UPSIDE THE HEAD? Tiger/Tiny...they are exactly the same and I really feel for you. You've got me on your side. Good luck and I hope you find the courage to smack her back once...just for good measure!! Purrs, Lautrec

 
At August 11, 2010 6:41 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hi Cricket, welcome. It is OK to be a bit shy. We like your name too. Do you chirp like a cricket?

 
At August 11, 2010 7:19 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Hi Cricket. We hear that when you are older, it takes a little longer to adjust to changes. We bet you'll be just fine. And we believe you when you say you are the oldest!

 
At August 12, 2010 8:27 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Cricket, you aren't even in the header. Perhaps you need to speak up more often so they remember you're there.

Did we miss something? We try to read your posts -- but you're two weeks at your gramma's and we're just finding out? Obviously we missed something. sigh

 
At August 12, 2010 3:19 PM, Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Cricket, you are a lovely girl kitty.
It's OK to be a little shy, it makes you that much cuter ;) heehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

 
At August 12, 2010 3:42 PM, Blogger DILLIGAF said...

The Bumble is crabby and bossy too!

I is sorry for not being around - it is Two Legs fault. I bit his toes and now I is backimuss.

Maxi x

http://maximusspittimus.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails