Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Calming Collars on the Way

MISTY

You all know Max has been wearing a purple calming collar for a while now and Mom thinks he's showing improvement, being better behaved and not so skittish.

But yesterday I overheard her tell Dad that I'm going to be getting one too! Why? There's nothing wrong with me! I'm not skittish and I'm real friendly.

Well OK, maybe I'm not friendly to Gino. In fact maybe I go into a huge snit every time I even detect his scent much less see him, but besides that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me! I'd be quite calm if I didn't have to see him walking around in MY house leaving his scent all over the place and even sitting on MY Mom's lap and eating out of MY food bowl and using MY litterbox, too! He's an intruder in my otherwise happy home.

Mom says Gino and Tiger, and Cricket too if she wants to, need to come out of their room sometimes, but I don't like them. And, just so you know, I don't like being kept in the bedroom either, while Gino is out doing all the things he does.

MOM

But he's not doing anything to you! Gino is a very good boy and everyone except you is learning to get along with him. Our socialization efforts are showing good results with George, Tipper and even Max.

MISTY

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

Alright...so, maybe I get the tiniest bit upset and my furs stand up and I make sounds like Mom never heard before coming from a little 8 lb. cat and I snarl & hiss & growl at Mom and won't let her touch me even after Gino is back in his room. I don't think that means anyth....um...hmmm...OK, maybe I should try one of those calming collars.

Do they come in pink?

20 Comments:

At September 23, 2010 4:59 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

I'm sure you can get a pink one Misty.

 
At September 23, 2010 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're sure that they can find a pink one!

 
At September 23, 2010 6:55 AM, Blogger Raymond and Busby said...

Misty you are cracking us up!

Our Mom is wondering if she can get a calming collar for herself?

 
At September 23, 2010 7:27 AM, Blogger Kea said...

LOL @ Raymond and Busby! Our mom could use a calming collar for herself too!

We hope it works for you, Misty--and that it comes in pink. :-P

 
At September 23, 2010 7:40 AM, Blogger Maggie May said...

So great to hear the calming collar is working for you! Mom needs to get us all new ones!

Thanks so much for stopping by and celebrating Maggie May Day with me!
♥ Maggie May

 
At September 23, 2010 7:58 AM, Blogger OKcats said...

Hi, Crew, thanks for stopping by to see us! Misty, we are very sorry your life has been disrupted. I, Fuzzy, hate boy cats so much, so I feel very bad for you having to live with a Gino. Tipper, that's cool that you had the same toy as we have! It gets some use from time to time, but it mostly gets ignored.

Your new friends,
Fuzzy and Zoe

 
At September 23, 2010 8:06 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I bet they are pink too... I wonder if they are in blue for me... because you know I am not happy about that little cat...

 
At September 23, 2010 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pink calming collar might be just what you need, Misty! It's a better idea than, say, covering Gino with tuna water to make him more attractive to you! MOL!

 
At September 23, 2010 10:44 AM, Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Misty we think that a calming collar - be it pink or purple - would look great on you! Purple is pretty close to pink so it is a good second choice. And we have heard a lot of good things about the collars - and we think it would be good if you got along better with Gino!

 
At September 23, 2010 11:35 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we think it might be a good idea Misty honey.

 
At September 23, 2010 4:01 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We all wear them and mom can tell the difference!

 
At September 23, 2010 4:06 PM, Blogger Carolyon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 23, 2010 4:07 PM, Blogger Carolyon said...

Misty I am sure they get them in pink but what about a nice green to match those pretty eyes of yours????

 
At September 23, 2010 5:03 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We think you will look lovely in a pink calming collar Misty.

 
At September 23, 2010 6:50 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh Misty! Time for a chill pill.

 
At September 23, 2010 7:12 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

We hope that collar calms you, Misty. Our mom tried one on Zoey and she ended up chewing it off. Mom couldn't believe it.

 
At September 23, 2010 9:48 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Pink is a good color fer all cats.

 
At September 24, 2010 9:04 AM, Blogger Neyland D. Cat said...

Calming collars! The nerve of humans! I might just have to make an obedience collar for humans. One that makes them fill up the food dish on a regular schedule! Of all the nerve... besides, I tried one once and it didn't calm me down at all. And I ate the whole thing!

Cheers,
Neyland D. Catt
http://fictitiouscat.blogspot.com

 
At September 26, 2010 6:15 AM, Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Thank you so much for the Gotcha day wishes!!!!!!
Can you believe Mom forgot????????? Sheesh!!!
Not to worry, I am being spoiled like crazy ,heh,heh
Purrs Mickey
PeeEss: Pink would be fab for you Misty :)

 
At September 28, 2010 3:56 AM, Blogger Angel Simba said...

Between George and the dog, and Misty and Gino, it must be quite the scene around there, trying for everybody to get along.

Thanks for visiting my blog on my blogoversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails