Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Misty's Shelf Comments

MISTY

You know, I don't know what all this commotion is around here about this top shelf. For some reason, Max thinks he owns it. Just because he's older than me and he was adopted before me and he was a Crew member before me, is that enough to prove ownership? I don't think so.

He's been jealous of my time on it since I was first up here, but I mean, really, just look at the facts:

Did HE use green papers to buy our cat perch? NO! Mom bought it.

Is HIS name written on the top shelf somewhere? NO! OK, so the red & blue quilt is up here, and that belongs to George & Max, but Max's name isn't on it!

Can he provide an official paper showing ownership of the shelf? NO!

He thinks just 'cause he spends the most time up here, it's automatically his!?

I say if top shelf is available, anycat who gets here first can lay on it. I know why he likes it, 'cause it's the largest and comfiest, and he needs plenty of room for his bigness, plus it has the best view of our yard, but you don't hear the rest of us complaining when he's up here, do you?

I think you'll all agree with me that "First Come, First Served" is the best way to handle this. And Max should stop bothering me when I'm up here.

13 Comments:

At June 08, 2011 6:05 AM, Blogger Fuzzy Tales said...

Absolutely -- possession is 9/10ths of the law!

 
At June 08, 2011 6:23 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we agree - ferst one there wins

 
At June 08, 2011 8:01 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

The cat that gets the top shelf first, claims it !

 
At June 08, 2011 8:44 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think you are totally right about that shelf! It's all yours

 
At June 08, 2011 8:59 AM, Blogger OKcats said...

Yep! First come first served is always the rule!

 
At June 08, 2011 11:05 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

We agree - first kitteh, best space. But we think he prolly won't agree. :)

 
At June 08, 2011 11:26 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yup, you got there first so it is yours!

 
At June 08, 2011 1:39 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Our top platform is sometimes the object of KotH games. But usually, whoever is there gets to stay there!

 
At June 08, 2011 3:26 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo know I agree wif yoo, sweetie, if yoor der furst den it is yoors. Now, If Max wanted to keep it den he would stay der all da time...~Speedy

 
At June 08, 2011 5:28 PM, Blogger Athena said...

I agree, first come first served! That's not the way it works in our house, though. My brofur always throws me outta the good spots.

 
At June 08, 2011 6:56 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Misty, we agree...if the top shelf is empty...go for it!!

 
At June 08, 2011 7:25 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

We agree!

 
At June 08, 2011 8:14 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Why do brothers never ever listen??!!
Finders keepers...it's yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails