Monday, May 21, 2012

A Max Update

MAX

You all know about my "problem". In case you don't know, I've talked about it here and here.

Well, I thought you might like an update on how I'm doing. Mom had a serious talk with me and explained how upset she gets when I'm naughty and pee out of the litterbox and I've been behaving a little better. Sometimes days go by and I don't go anywhere but in the litterbox. Then, suddenly Mom finds fresh evidence that I was naughty.

I wear a calming collar all the time now, 'cept you can't see it 'cause it's hiding under my neck furs. Mom has tried different kinds of repellent sprays and Feliway diffusers and so far they've succeeded in limiting my peeing area to two places - our Girl's bed and the family room couch. This sounds bad, I know, but it's an improvement 'cause before I was going all over the place! Mom keeps the door closed to our Girl & Boy's room so I can't get in there and she said when we move, the "pee" couch will be thrown away.

Mom's worried about how I'll behave when we move to Arid-zone and says I'll probably have to live in the bathroom and bedroom for a while until we see how things are. I don't care as long as there's plenty of food there!

8 Comments:

At May 21, 2012 6:47 AM, Blogger Elizabeth and Connor said...

We're so sorry that you have been having problems, Max! Just do the best you can!

 
At May 21, 2012 8:48 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Max--it is all the upsetting changes in your life? We hope that once you have moved and things calm down and you get some alone time it will work out. The Daily G's person worked with Gandalf on a routine to help keep him from spraying/peeing. She could tell you about the where she found that process (which includes keeping him confined for like a month).

 
At May 21, 2012 10:09 AM, Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Keeping you confined for a while when you move at first might actually be a good idea, Max, since it sounds like you get stressed out easily and the move is bound to be stressful. As I recall, Teri (who recently rehabbed some kitties who were peeing inappropriately) had some suggestions for that.

 
At May 21, 2012 5:01 PM, Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

We are purring you'll continue to get better Max.

Truffle and Brulee

 
At May 21, 2012 7:33 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Max, we're glad you're doing a little better. We hope it continues and that you get to the point that you'll only use the box!

 
At May 21, 2012 8:05 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Max, we hope the stress of moving does not set you back!

 
At May 22, 2012 1:16 PM, Blogger TabbyNormal said...

We have faith in you! And the food supply.

 
At August 27, 2012 8:39 PM, Blogger Ann Boyajian said...

Skootch had a similar problem, and we had an animal behaviorist involved and everything. What ended up working was daily doses of fluoxetine (Prozac for cats). When Mom tries to stop dosing Skootch, sure enough, the problem comes back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails