Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Crew Update

GEORGE

Lots of our friends have emailed us asking how we're doing since we haven't posted in ALMOST A MONTH! Of course, I blame this all on my secretary, aka Mom, who always claims she's "busy". Busy doing what, I'd like to know! I have plenty of time. In fact, I'M available all day, except during my nap times.

Yesterday she FINALLY let us go around and visit some friends and it was great to see everyone. We feel bad we missed out on so much that's been going on and see that there are a lot of new cat bloggers that we need to say "hi" to.

So, what have we been up do lately. Well, you all know now that we're in Arid-zone we live in our human sister's house in a bedroom/bathroom, so we haven't been up to much of anything at all. We're confined to these 2 rooms because of the dogs, Reyna and Shasta, better known as The Grey Menace and The White Dustmop. Mom says we're fine in here, that we have everything we need, and she's right. But, I must say, it gets a little lonely not being able to be out and about when we want to. Mom says as soon as we get a house of our own, when our our house in Whisk-onsin is sold, then we'll be able to be out all the time.

When Mom comes upstairs for something she always checks on us and most times I'm sleeping under the covers, just like I did in Whisk-onsin. If she bothers me, I complain. I am a geezer, you know, and I don't like to be disturbed when I'm napping. Max can usually be found sleeping on the bedroom chair or lounging around in the doorway between the bedroom an bathroom. Tipper likes to rest under the bed or on the floor under the ceiling fan and Misty likes to rest on Mom's pillow or on the cat perch where she can look outside.

Speaking of perches, we got a new one. Mom said the old one was getting rickety and was so covered in cat hair, she couldn't clean it any more. Well, I've got news for her. None of us like this new perch very much, even though she put our old quilts on the
shelves. Here you can see me snoopervising Dad when he was putting it together and our Girl is helping.

Max's "problem" of peeing out of the litterbox seems to have disappeared now that we're in a new place. Mom is really happy about that and said maybe all he needed was a change of scenery to get rid of his bad behavior. Misty and Tipper are fine and are their usual selves.

Mom and Dad had their 35 year wedding anniversary recently and went away for a few days. They fixed us up with lots of food and water and our human sister came in to check on us. We were fine, but were glad when they got back. Mom said she had lots of great pictures on her camera to show you, but our Boy took the disc out and she can't find it so now we have no good pictures.

At night, we all pile on the bed with Mom and Dad and our sleeping places haven't changed at all. As Senior Cat, I have my choice of the best sleeping spot, which is right next to Mom. Misty sleeps curled up around Mom's head like a little fur hat and Tipper sleeps in between the pillows. She likes to groom Mom during the night so sometimes Mom wakes up with wet, matted hair. Max sleeps either at the foot of the bed or in the bathroom doorway. He tried out the top shelf of the new perch, but doesn't like it, so I think he's going to let Misty have it. She'll be happy about that.

Our 2 rooms have been painted and Mom got some new covers for our big bed and fixed up our rooms really nice with pictures and stuff. She opens the blinds during the day so we can look outside. That is, if any of us chooses to get on the new perch.

The shot I got for my little cold a few weeks back helped some, but I still have a sniffly nose. Since Mom doesn't like it when I sneeze in her face at night, I might have to go back to my new Doctor and get another shot.

Well, (yawn) I guess that's about all. It's time for my afternoon nap. It's hard to have anything new to talk about when you live in 2 rooms but we'll try to get around and visit more so we can experience life vicariously through our friends.



17 Comments:

At August 28, 2012 4:21 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

George, It is so good to hear from you and the Crew! We do miss you and are glad you are all doing well!

 
At August 28, 2012 4:21 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

George, It is so good to hear from you and the Crew! We do miss you and are glad you are all doing well!

 
At August 28, 2012 4:52 PM, Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

It sure is nice to know that you are okay...and it sounds like you are doing mighty fine fur sure!

 
At August 28, 2012 5:56 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Glad to hear you're all doing well. We hope that your old house sells soon and you guys EACH get your own room!

 
At August 28, 2012 6:40 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Well it is good to hear how you are doing. I think you do need a bigger place though so I hope your home sells soon. I mean really--you're a cat. You need 20 rooms!

 
At August 28, 2012 6:50 PM, Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad to hear from you guys - I wish your house would sell and you could get your own dog-free home! I know you don't have a whole lot of space where you are right now, but have you tried moving the new cat tree to a different area? Sometimes it's not the perch but the location that we kitties don't like... or maybe one day the humans will come in and see that you've decided you like it after all! That would be a typical kitty thing to do!

 
At August 28, 2012 7:39 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Hi George! It's great to hear from you and we're happy to know you're all doing okay. We sure hope your house sells soon so you can get a place of your own!

 
At August 29, 2012 12:38 PM, Blogger Pip said...

We is glad to hears things are ok, George. We purrs you can get a new house juss fur you real soon!

 
At August 29, 2012 3:21 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Glad you are all okay!!

 
At August 29, 2012 8:05 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ooh, that new perch looks pawsome!

 
At August 30, 2012 3:37 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It's good to hear from you and we are glad you are all doing well.

 
At August 30, 2012 7:42 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Misty, I'm packing some treats, my quilt and a new pillow mommy got me and coming for a visit, if it's okay with you and the fambly. I miss you lots and need to see my beautiful girl~Speedy

 
At August 31, 2012 5:02 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good to hear from you guys. We miss you and hopes the house sells soonest.

 
At September 01, 2012 10:51 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Good to hear from you. We are glad you are all doing well. One of these days you'll be back in a house of your own again.

 
At September 03, 2012 6:00 AM, Blogger Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Glad to hear from you and know all is well! I know exactly what you mean about the humans and not working for us. Isn't fair I say. Oh what to do!!?? If I had an answer to that I wouldn't be so behind myself.

 
At September 08, 2012 7:14 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

It's good to hear from you George! You're living in 2 rooms? That stinks the big one. We'll be glad when you get a whole house! Cheers!

Luf, Us

 
At September 12, 2012 2:04 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi Crew!
That's good about Max! And what a great perch you have! It would be nice to roam the whole house, but some kitties live with their people in small apartments and that's kind of the same. Plus you have nice people visit you and there's windows for entertainment....so not too bad for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails