Wednesday, October 22, 2014

An Interview with the Kittens

GEORGE

Because my outstanding work on the 2009 Birdie Census and previous interviews with The Champ and The Perches, I've been asked (by Mom) to come out of retirement and do a brief interview with each of the new kittens that have recently found their forever home with us.

First I'd like to ask Miss Dixie Belle, aka Dixie Cupp, to come to the table.

Miss Belle, or do you prefer to be called Miss Cupp, can you tell us a little about yourself?  Don't be shy, just speak right into the microphone.

DIXIE

Um...I'm not sure what my new name is. What should I say?

GEORGE

Tell our legions of fans where you were born and things like that.

DIXIE

This is my official shelter picture and I'm a tortoiseshell cat.  I was told I was born outside around the end of June and was brought to Desert Paws Rescue when I was about 10 days old.  Then I lived with a nice lady who was my foster Mom and she fed me from a bottle and played with me and all the other kittens who lived there.  She called me Sabrina but this lady here says my name is Dixie.  I don't remember my Catmom. 

GEORGE

Thank you, Miss Belle-Cupp.  I'll get back to you in a minute, but first I want to say hello to Miss Coco Chanel.

COCO

Uh, hi.  Should I say where I was born?

GEORGE

Yes, go ahead and don't be afraid.  We're all friends here.

COCO

Well, my story is just like my friend Sabrina's, wait, I mean Dixie's. This is my official shelter picture and I'm a siamese.  I was brought to the same foster home when I was very little and my foster Mom was nice.  She called me Samantha and I'm about 3 1/2 months old.  Then I was adopted by a man and lady who said this is my forever home now and they will call me Coco.

GEORGE

Yes, that's right.  All of us were adopted and this is our forever home.  It's a good home and the man and lady are your Dad and Mom now.  They love cats a lot and will take good care of you.

DIXIE

That's good, 'cause you know what? 

COCO

I'll tell him!  When a cat or dog is adopted from Desert Paws Rescue, their life is saved, so we're glad to be here.

GEORGE

Well, let me introduce the rest of us here.  As you know, I'm George and I'm 17 years old. I'm not well and have kidney disease, but for now I'm doing OK. Then Tipper is next and she's 11.  Max is the only black and white one and he's 9, and Misty is 8.  We're not from the same Catmom but we're a cat family now.  I must add that we were all very surprised to hear and smell you girls when you arrived. since neither Mom or Dad said a word about adopting a new kitten.

DIXIE

Did he just say we smell?

COCO

We don't smell!  But we're new here so we smell like our foster home, not like this home.

DIXIE

Oh.  Well, George, we're as surprised as you all are.  We were happy at our home, then one day our foster Mom brought us to this place where there were a lot of other kittens and cats in cages.  All kinds of people stopped to look at us and talk to us.  Then, before we knew what was happening, we were in a box

COCO

and when we got out of the box, we were here! 

GEORGE

Well, thank you Dixie and Coco.  I hope you won't be offended or take it personally if one of us hisses at you. This is only until we get used to you being here, of course.  We need time to adjust to being a family of 6 cats, not 4.   'Specially Misty, since she's a little upset about not being the baby of the family any more.

MISTY

I'm more than "a little" upset, George...I'm a LOT upset!

GEORGE

Alright, Mist...just settle down.  And remember, all of us, except you, had to adjust each time a new kitten was adopted.  These girls needed a forever home just like we all did, and Mom and Dad saved their lives.

MISTY


Hmmm...I never thought of it that way.  Yes, you're right, George.  All kitties deserve a forever home.

12 Comments:

At October 22, 2014 12:55 PM, Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Binga and Boodie were hissy for weeks after I came here! It was kind of annoying because there was just NO reason for their behavior. Boodie figured out fairly quickly that we could be playmates. Binga keeps acting bossy, but she doesn't hiss at me anymore. So I'm sure you two will settle in just fine.

 
At October 22, 2014 5:03 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Great interview, George. Thanks for introducing us to Dixie and Coco! Welcome to them both!

 
At October 22, 2014 7:05 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

What a great interview, George. We're sure you'll like Dixie and Coco soon.

 
At October 23, 2014 10:12 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

And Misty, remember you have kittens to boss around now!

 
At October 23, 2014 4:29 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Excellent interview!! Welcome ladies!

 
At October 24, 2014 3:53 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi new kittens! You're going to liven things up around there....well, more than it already is!

 
At October 25, 2014 3:39 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Thanks for introducing those 2 little cuties George, that was a great interview.

 
At October 26, 2014 7:10 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

A "Most Fascinating Interview". It reminds us of what we were probly like as kittens...

 
At October 27, 2014 2:48 PM, Blogger Angel Simba said...

What sweetie pies the new kittens are.

 
At October 27, 2014 3:57 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Great interview with the kittens! We're surprised they sat still long enough to interview!

 
At March 01, 2018 2:13 PM, Blogger reda gamal 01220689236 said...

شركة ركن الشروق في الاحساء تقدم لكم افضل الخدمات واكثرها طلبا لعملائنا الكرام فشركتنا الرائده في مجال خدمات المنازل بأنواعها المختلفه عليك التواصل معنا نصلك في اسرع وقت ونحن في انتظارك شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء
افضل شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
شركة كشف تسربات مياه بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط

 
At August 25, 2018 9:00 AM, Blogger World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thank you, George, for getting us such a great interview with Dixie and Coco. It was great to read about there past lives before they found there furever home. Thanks for the share. We really enjoyed this post.
World of Animals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails