Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dog Visits

GEORGE

Let me start by saying, I don't like dogs. Later I will write more about the differences between dogs and cats and dog people and cat people. No offense intended to the dog bloggers or dog lovers out there. After all, Mom and Dad like dogs and they're good people.

Now, I'm usually a pretty laid back guy, but today I found out my human sister B, is going out of town on another business trip and I know what that means!! I will need to discuss this with Dad and prepare myself.

When sister B goes away, her 2 dogs, Daisy & Shasta, come to stay here. For how long this time, I don't know yet. This happens because Mom loves my sister and loves her dogs. I want to go on record here by saying my sister is OK, but those dogs!

Daisy is 1 year older than me, so she was barely out of her puppyhood when I was adopted. She was yappy and ran all over my house and jumped on everything and ate my food and played with my toys. But the worst thing was she sat on MY Mom's lap at night when maybe I wanted to be by Mom. She even slept by Mom and that meant I wasn't allowed in the bedroom!!

So this is why I don't like Daisy. This went on for a long time, but finally Daisy calmed down and I figured I could learn to tolerate her as long as she stayed out of my way.

Then my worst nightmare came true! My sister B got another puppy and this is where I have to draw the line, even if Mom does love her. I am too old to go through this again and that Shasta just better leave me alone.

MAX

Daisy doesn't bother me, 'cause she's old and sleeps most of the time. But that Shasta thing! She's just everywhere and Mom puts up 2 gates to keep her off the carpet while she's being house trained. That means sometimes she has accidents in the house and she'd better not try to use our litterbox. Even our food has to be put up on the table or she'd eat it!

And she takes my toys out and leaves them all over. She chewed up my flying feather and what guy wants to play with a glitter ball covered in dog slobber, I'd like to know?

TIPPER

I don't know what's the matter with George & Max. I don't think dogs are so bad!

I like Daisy and sometimes we touch noses. I even like Shasta. Except one time I hissed at her when I was resting on Mom's lap and Shasta jumped up and shoved her face right in mine!

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 11:15 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh dear! Visiting canines are not good news. They need to respect your things. Those big slobbery brutes tend to take over the entire house if you let them.

 
At November 29, 2005 7:17 PM, Blogger Ayla said...

Dogs? Pffft. Never understood those creatures. They are too loud and slobber all over the place. I hope the Mom doesn't get one. You all have my sympathies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails