Friday, November 18, 2005

On the subject of Hairballs

GEORGE

Today I will discuss something that EVERY cat knows about - the subject of hairballs!

Mom says I have a delicate stomach and only lets me eat dry food. All this talk on cat blogs about "stinky goodness". I don't even remember what that is 'cause Mom won't let me have it. She's afraid it will make me throw up even more than I already do. There is something I like and I will talk about it later - TUNA WATER!

I have a favorite place to leave my hairballs. It's on the back of the couch in the living room. I like to sit there and look out at the park across the street and sometimes the feeling just comes over me. And before I know it - Ack, Ack, Bleah - there's a hairball! Mom says "That couch has been thrown up on more times than it's been sat on". We sit on it all the time, so she must be referring to herself and Dad.

Mom and Dad don't sit in the living room very much and she says it's just a place to walk through and dust. So most times, by the time she finds my hairballs, they're nicely dried out. Then she has to scrap them off the fabric and wash it with a wet cloth.

Sometimes if I'm near Mom when I start to throw up, she helps me and puts a paper underneath my mouth, but mostly I do it when she's not home. Mom says "Why can't you throw up on the bare floor?"

What can I say -- a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do!

Here is a picture of Tipper on the "throw up couch". Mom wouldn't show a picture of my hairball. She said it was gross!

5 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post made my mom crack-up laffin' . . .
our house has carpet and tile really close together, but everytime i throw-up, i do it on the carpet - even if i started out on the tile! my mom tries to put paper under me too, but sometimes i'm too quick for her.
me n' Buzzerbee really like your bloggie!
meep

 
At November 18, 2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Yeah, those hairballs are a pain! I usually leave then in the dark hallway so the humans step on them with their bare feet!! -Shaggy

 
At November 18, 2005 5:46 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

George,
I do the same thing. At first mum was happy as I did my whoopsies on the rugs you can wash. But a few of them have been on the regular carpet. Mum says it isn't so much a hairball, but that I eat too fast.

Also, I like the view out of your window. I get to look at mum's garden.

 
At November 20, 2005 7:35 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

It's best to leave them where the mom can squish them into the carpet for max-staining.

 
At November 20, 2005 8:09 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

My bro is the hairball king, so this made me laugh! Mom always asks him the same thing too, and sometimes she's lucky enough to whisk him into the kitchen when he starts. But most times, she's just lucky we have a tan carpet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails