Monday, November 21, 2005

Tuna Water

GEORGE

As promised, we will talk about tuna water - my own personal very, very favorite treat. When my littermate sister Gracie was alive, and even with Tipper, the water was only shared by 2. Now, with Max here, Mom splits it 3 ways!!!

When Mom opens a can, she drains off all the water into 3 little bowls. Really! I mean, how much can we each get when she splits tuna water 3 ways? Not enough, I say!

Then she adds just a tiny bit of tuna for each of us. I think she should always open 2 cans, but she says she usually doesn't need that much tuna.

That's not my problem! I just want the water.

TIPPER

When Mom opens tuna, I get so exicted I jump on the counter right in front of the can opener and wave my tail in her face! HURRY, HURRY Mom, I shout! Then I try to lick it before she even puts the bowl down.

I must tell you that the other day I made a terrible mistake. Mom opened a can of sliced water chestnuts to cook something and I thought it was tuna. Well ... it was the same size and shape and I couldn't read the label from the floor!! Any cat could've made the same mistake.

MAX

She made a total fool of herself, carrying on like that! Unacceptable Fur Person behavior, I think.

Here is a picture of us having tuna water. See how George and I waited on the floor and Tipper, as usual, is on the counter? See how she finished hers while we still had some left? Very unladylike.

4 Comments:

At November 21, 2005 2:07 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

WE LOVE TUNA WATER!!! Mom does exactly the same thing for us! We feel for you splitting it 3 ways. Before Scout came, Just us (Scooby & Shaggy) got to split it. After we lap it down we just lick, lick, lick out chops. Mmmmmmmm.........

 
At November 21, 2005 4:14 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I don't have to share!!!! Mum won't give me the whole thing of tuna at once. So I know that she puts the extra in the big cold box. So when she is in the food room I alway tell her I want some. But I am good, I wait on the floor for my mum to serve me properly. We have to teach Tipper some manners.

 
At November 22, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Ayla said...

Tuna water, eh? I think I may have to get the Mom to give me some of that. Usually when she opens up tuna, we don't get any until she mixes in the mayo and relish---yuck...why?--and eats most of it herself. We're stuck with what's left in the bowl when she's done.

 
At December 16, 2005 10:42 AM, Blogger Musette said...

I get my tuna juice the same way, with just a bit of tuna in the dish for me. And sometimes with a crushed-up pill in it too. I still think it's great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails