Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Morning Fruit

TIPPER

Yesterday morning I was enjoying some banana slices that were in Mom's cereal bowl. I, unlike most cats, like the taste of fruit. I lick peaches, pineapple, cantalope & bananas when Mom has some in a bowl at breakfast time. I'd be willing to try a few other things too, if I was offered some. Mom doesn't let me eat the actual fruit 'cause she's afraid it will give me the runs, but I am allowed to lick.

I was busy licking this one banana slice so much I almost pushed it out of the bowl. Mom didn't like that and told me to stop it. Dad said not to holler at me 'cause I'm cute and cute people can get away with anything!

Of course, I agree. I am cute and should be allowed to do whatever I want!!

Now, here is the problem. This morning I tried the jelly on Dad's toast and he didn't like that. This, to me, seems like a double standard. Either I'm cute and allowed to do everything, or I'm not. There is no middle ground here. How come it's OK with Dad if I lick Mom's bananas, but not OK with him if I lick his toast?

13 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Well, I think you are definitely cute and sounds like a double standard to me. Maybe your Dad doesn't like cat spit on his toast, although I cannot imagine why.

 
At February 08, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger jenianddean said...

I actually like the juice from the canned pineapples. It's my special treat and one of the only ones I don't share with my siblings.
--Jasper

 
At February 08, 2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you've definitely unearthed a double standard, Tipper. Mom found out Sunday that I like brownie mix. I was only allowed one lick but OH MY GOSH I would really like to get chocolate-covered cat food... a chocolate-covered gecko, perhaps??

~ moose

GROSS! And, uh, NO.

~ mom

 
At February 08, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

sure sounds like a double standard to us. Efurryone loves cat spit, so tell your dad to just deal with it and stop being a baby.

 
At February 08, 2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yup, the old double standard. Dad think mooching the mom's breakfast is ok, but his. NOOOOOOOOO. Hmph.

 
At February 08, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

bite your Dad!

 
At February 08, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger The Tart said...

I say sneek up on your dad and just run off with the whole piece of toast....that's what i would do if i were a cutie like you!

 
At February 08, 2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Scout likes to lick salads. Just stay assertive Tipper, keep on lickin'.

 
At February 08, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Max said...

Just lick what you want. People will *always* find something to complain about.

 
At February 08, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Typical Male.

 
At February 09, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Dads!

 
At February 09, 2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Completely a double-standard! As revenge, if I were you, I'd lick ONLY your dad's food for awhile. Send a clear message...

 
At February 14, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Bella loves bananas, melons, seedless grapes. She will dig in the lunchbags for a bite of banana if she smells one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails