Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Relaxation Room

GEORGE

Well, apparently my blogging about my dislike for dogs has gotten my Dad's attention (FINALLY!!)

He's promised me that after his broken leg is all better, we'll make a place in our basement where we can go for quiet time when my Sister B's dogs come over. It'll be for just me, Max & Dad to be where there are no dogs or dog smells or dog toys. And since Tipper & Mom like the dogs, they can stay upstairs with them!

Part of our basement is finished like a room with carpet & paneled walls. There's even a fireplace. The only thing it doesn't have are big windows to watch birdies and squirrels, but I would sacrifice windows to have some quiet time away from Daisy & Shasta.

So I would like suggestions from my friends out there about what you think would be good to have in my special room. If you had a chance to get a special place in your house, what would you want it to have in it? Some things would be necessities and others might be considered luxuries. I plan to make it my personal retreat where I can go for relaxation and meditation. Also napping, of course, without someone lifting my quilt to take a picture. Yes Mom, we all know who I'm talking about.

I will start the list with the following, to be presented to Dad upon completion.

Television - to watch Animal Planet and The Planet's Funniest Animals
Soft couch with pillows - for napping
Food & water - so I won't have to go upstairs to the kitchen
Litterbox - no explanation needed here, but it should be kept clean (Mom, please take note of this!)
?????
?????
?????

There will be no prize winner like when Newt (Oreo's cousin) got his name, however when we get the room fixed up, you guys can all come over. I'll make sure to put out the good 'nip.

Ahh, it'll be great. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

20 Comments:

At March 01, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

You have to have a climbing tree of some sort. You know the carpeted ones ~Ko Ko

A special bediby basket for napping in ~Merlin

A hidey hole to hide in ~Shadow

 
At March 01, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger Daisy Sunshine said...

You can get a kitty walk put on the walls too!

http://www.katwallks.com/customerphotos.htm

Mama said it is probably cheaper for your daddy to make them. Mama says it wouldn't be to hard.

They sure look like fun!

 
At March 01, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh yeah....a nice tall kitty lookout that goes all the way to the ceiling with perches & places to sit.. A basket full of catnip toys, soft blankies to burrow in, a couple of real mice to chase!

 
At March 01, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we agree, a nice kitty tower with flat places, and scooped places and a hidey place, and carpet. and NIP

 
At March 01, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

A mantel over the fireplace. But yes a nice big kittie tower that goes all the way to the top of the room.

 
At March 01, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger Max said...

Yeha, I agree, you need a climbing tree. Or a Supreme Commander Kitty Tower.

And lots of soft comfy things upon which to nap.

And a fish tank with fishies to watch.

And a crunchy treat dispenser. I want one of those, but they won't get one for me.

 
At March 01, 2006 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

climbing tower, nip; round, soft bed just for you; plenty of toys to play with, jar of FRESH treats;
privacy screen for your litter box needs;

 
At March 01, 2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We can't think of anything else to add, efurrybody's ideas are great! You am so lucky to have a space to escape from the woofies!

 
At March 02, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Aloysius said...

As I've observed before, cats are much better than dogs. For one thing, we felines can amuse ourselves for hours with nothing other than a paper bag or a piece of string.

I personally like my basement hideaway, where I have a soft wool blanket to sleep on and a lot of good books to rub up against.

 
At March 02, 2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I'm with all these other cats--a tall place from which to survey the entire room is essential.

Plus dogs are too stubby and clumsy to climb up there to get you, so you're safe!

 
At March 02, 2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Definitely a huge cat tree. Maybe a lava lamp, a fish tank, yes that would be nice. A fully stocked cupboard with plenty of stinky goodness and crunchies. Lets see....a soft plush bed or two....that should do it.....

 
At March 02, 2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

A nice big cat tower. Some birdies in a cage for you to watch. A big fleecy blankie to put on the sofa and nap on. A big wicker basket to scratch on. This sounds like lots of fun, you'll have all of us kitties coming over to visit!

 
At March 02, 2006 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, you need a mantle (I just noticed Derby said this - but it can't be stressed enough). A nice mantle. With no vases or artistic breakable stuff of any kind on it, unless it is glued down. Trust me on this one, the noise issuing from the woman is not worth the fun of knocking stuff off.

~ moose

 
At March 02, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow, everybody already listed my ideas! I'd press for the fishies, though--you definitely need some fishies.

 
At March 04, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

A special cat door so the woofies can't ever get in, a sign that says keep out woofies this means you, some windows even if they are very little - natural light is impawtent! Also some nice green munchy plants that are not poisonous to cats, some of those brushy things that you don't need humans for... oh!! and some pots of kitty grass for you to munch on without gettting yelled at.

Buddy

 
At March 06, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 06, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Get you dad or mom to buy some 1/2" or thicker plywood, cut it into 16" x 16" squares, cover it in carpet, and then attach them to the wall with shelve brackets in a pattern that will allow you to climb, jump and nap from the floor to the roof

 
At March 09, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Sorry about that somehow our comment double posted.

 
At March 09, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Dangly toys! You gots to have dangly toys. Oh, and Mom says, a cat fountain an if there's no toilet for flushing you-know-what, a litter locker is great. Dad says a radio for soft music; he leaves it on for us sometimes and it's not so lonely. In fact, Mom had a radio on in my room when I was separated from Bonnie, an I accidentally moved knobs til it was REALLY LOUD and all scratchy noises. They called me RCA Victor for that.

 
At March 09, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Definitely a cat fountain for water. Some store called Wall-Greens just had fuzzy fleeze baby blankies for $1 each and my woman gots me one. I have to admit, it's my meow. Now, *my* ideal room would have an empty laundry basket, a crinkle sack to lie on, a cat mat (with nip, of course), and a puter chair that smells like my man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails