Monday, April 24, 2006

The Man of the House

GEORGE

Well, things are getting back to normal around our house. My Dad went away on a business trip - his first since his accident and leg surgery last November. He's in San Antonio, TX for 3 days and that means I'll be pretty busy since I'm the man of the house while he's gone. All you guys in Texas, watch out for my Dad while he's there. You can recognize him 'cause he smells like my scent, he's covered in my hair and is using a cane to help him walk.

I've appointed Max as my First Officer.... my second in command. He'll be 2 years old in a week and I think he's ready to assume some responsibility for the running of our household. Our job is to take care of Mom & Tipper, guard the house & yard and keep everything running smoothly.

Also, I'll probably transport over to Dad's office to check things out....you know - have a staff meeting, make a few calls, dash off a memo or two. I think I can whip everyone into shape there while Max takes care of things here.

8 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Wow, George! It sounds like you definitely have not only trained your human pets well but are also doing a fine job of getting Max up to speed. If only more felines had your ambition and drive!

 
At April 24, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

George, I checked with the mom and she said that San Antonio is close by, so I've been looking out the window in case your beandad walks by. I haven't seen him yet. Looks like you have everything under control over there!

 
At April 24, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

George, you shur are a take charge type of guy. I'm shur the household will be in good paws.

 
At April 24, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

You are very good to be the man in charge while the bean dad is gone. Keep up the good work.

 
At April 25, 2006 5:30 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Be careful leaving the roost in a two-year old's paws when you are transporting all over the place. While Max may seem responsible, they don't call them "terrible twos" for nothing!

(Sorry Max...nothing personal, of course!)

 
At April 25, 2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Gosh, I hope your dad didn't have to walk there!

Do you have to take out the trash and stuff like that? I don't think I'd like that part of being in charge at all.

 
At April 25, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

George, you are one impressive kitty. I'm sure your dad can rely on you to take care of efurrything. How is your basement coming along?

 
At April 26, 2006 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom said San Antonio is where she was born! It is about 4 hours away. That isn't far, is it? We've been lookin' for your dad, but I don't think we've seen him yet. (btw, TELL HIM to WATCH OUT for LIZARDS! They are quite bold here in TX.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails