Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An "almost" Escape

GEORGE

Last night after work Mom decided to plant some of the flowers she bought. Like so many other mothers, ours spends far too much time hanging out in nurseries and buys too many plants…time & money that could and should be spent on us, of course!

Max & I watched her through the window for a while planting things and putting flowers in pots and carrying them around the yard. Then we discovered that the back screen door wasn’t clicked tightly shut. With just a gentle push, we could be in the yard! Things like this almost never happen in our house 'cause Mom is usually very careful.

Anyway, we were out the door when she came around the corner and saw us!

“Hey!! What do you guys think you’re doing out here?” she hollered.

I replied in my most patient tone “Well, as you can see Mom, we were just about to take a quick look around the yard”.

“Get back in the house” she said, waving her arms at us.

MAX

(sigh) We’re not allowed to have any fun at all. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, after we got caught, Mom came in the house and shouted for Tipper to see where she was during all this, to be sure she wasn't out too. Turns out she was napping on the couch and didn’t even know she could have gone with us.

TIPPER

Yes, it's easy to see just who's the "good cat" in this family! I wouldn't dream of upsetting Mom by sneaking outside.

12 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

First off, shame on you selfish mom! How dare you spend money on anything but your babies!

I, too, have noticed our screen door has not been latched once or twice. I've stuck my nose to the crack and sniffed wildly, but have been caught and the door has been shut.

It's a good thing I'm too lazy to put effort into pushing to door open and getting out! If I had a little more initiative, my mom would be in TROU-BLE!

 
At May 24, 2006 11:43 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

My goal is the big room where they keep the wheeled monsters. Sometimes I can see outside from there and sometimes I can't. Such interesting smells! But Mom doesn't want me there. Max is right, Moms are no fun at all. Sometimes.

 
At May 24, 2006 11:59 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Aw man! No fair. It's been a while since I've been taken outside on my leash because I had an issue with f-l-e-a-s. But I'm f-l-e-a free now, and protected with the Frontline stuff. I should be allowed to go outside!

 
At May 24, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

My mama won't let me outside either. Matter of fact the last time I snuck out she went and bought me a collar and a tag, now I have this jingle jangle sound ringing in my ears all the time..Yikes. Mom's can be so fussy

 
At May 24, 2006 4:48 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Tipper you are obviously an angel. ~Shadow

 
At May 24, 2006 8:52 PM, Blogger cruxley's mom said...

Fluffmonster is always running outside when the door opens. A pack of wild dogs couldn't chase me out of this house. I've lived on the outside, and let me tell you, it's no bowl of tuna. I've been chased, cursed at, even shot at. I'll stick with the window sill.

 
At May 25, 2006 6:32 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Isis is the one who typically manages to get to the City of Outside. However, she doesn't linger far from the yard when she does. She usually ends up on the front porch crying, poofed up like a blowfish, hissing at the human pet as if it were her fault that Isis went to the City of Outside.

The last time I went to the City of Outside I ended up in the backyard somehow when I had left through the front. I too was poofed up like a blowfish, and I cried and yelped at my human pet. I was so upset. Two of her guests from the night before had lingered too long in the foyer, leaving the door wide open. I had slipped between the two of them since curiosity had gotten the better of me. I know better now - open door means long night in the City of Outside.

Maybe you should ask your human pet if you all can come with me. Maybe she will say yes since we will be in a group. That way, we can all explore the world!

 
At May 25, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Tipper, you are a very good girl. Me, I wouldn't go out for all the nip in...well, wherever it is nip comes from.

 
At May 25, 2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Momma was busy planting things in pots yesterday too. This is getting tiresome, she spends way too much time in the Out and I just wail by the door. Sneaking out is such fun, isn't it? Problem is, once I get there, what do I do.....too big, too scary, too noisy.

Patches Lady

 
At May 25, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Methinks Tipper doth protest too much - I bet she would have sneaked out too if she'd been there!

 
At May 25, 2006 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tipper knows that her mom reads this blog... Why can't the people understand that we just wanna look around a bit? And maybe check out the yard across the street? And that bird in the tree? And that lizard on the wall?...
~ moose

 
At May 26, 2006 5:57 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Anycat can come stay wiff me...I go out wheneffurr I want. I gots mine own door & effurrything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails