Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More on Ice & Water

GEORGE

I've always had a fascination with the ice & water dispenser in our refrigerator. Not that I care how it works...I just want what it gives. It's on the outside of the freezer door and it makes a really cool sound when you press a cup against it to get ice. Wherever I am, I come running and sit right in front of it and look up, waiting. Some people have even laughed at me about this, but I don't care. Their opinion is irrelevant.

Dad knows what I wait for... I need ice in my water bowl. Who wants to drink warm, stale water anway? We all like a nice, cool drink don't we, especially on hot days? Plus I like to dip my paws in and stir the ice around. I attribute that to Mom stifling my creativity with my water and towel art.

So I sit patiently, looking up, waiting. Dad is very good about it and almost always gives me my ice, but from time to time I need to say something to remind him. (sigh) 9 years and still doing training...can you believe it?

Max did some nice, very unexpected art with Mom's ice & water cup at dinner. She was eating in front of the television and wasn't paying any attention to him. So he tipped her cup all over her papers on the coffee table. Good work, Max!! That really got her attention. I'm just so proud of my student!

All you aspiring, young artists (Mattingly, listen up!) might want to try this, too. Just wait for the right moment and be sure you choose important papers to create your piece.

10 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

Is it alright to make art using one's tail? I have made many art pieces by swinging my fat tail against glasses or plates and causing them to splatter their contents, but I am not sure if this counts or not as it is not with my paws. I was just curious.

I also found your unique medium interesting. I never thought to use ice before. You truly are inspirational!

 
At May 17, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger The Crew said...

Yes, Zeus, tails are perfectly acceptable tools for creating artwork.
Whatever works best for you...it's really a matter of personal preference to achieve the desired results.

 
At May 17, 2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Last summer when it was very hot my mum put ice cubes in my water bowl to help me cool down (my long coat is so hot in summer). Her friend laughed at her and said she was crazy for giving a kitty iced water. But you all know she was right, right?

 
At May 18, 2006 5:06 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Oh, I don't like that noise! I LOVE the cold, icy water in mine fountain but I don't like the NOISE!!!

 
At May 18, 2006 5:59 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

it's even more fun to use ice, water and SHEETS for art. Just make shur you tip the glass over at about 2am when your Mom or Dad is sleeping near it. - Sammy

 
At May 18, 2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Ice water is absolutely essential! I can't believe your Dad is taking so long to train.

 
At May 18, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

We don't have an ice maker (unless you count our mom), so we don't know what it sounds like. The sounds that makes us come running are the shaking of the treat jar and the water turning on in the shower.

As for art? I don't think art is my thing. I may try some of your tips, though. If I'm good at singing, dancing, and acting, I just may be good at water/towel art!

 
At May 18, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

We don't have an ice maker either. Momma said her dogs used to like to play with ice in the summer. I wonder if I would like that? I could do art! I'm a very artistic kitty...

 
At May 18, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

I can't see the linky with the water and towel art. It's a bad linky.

 
At May 18, 2006 12:14 PM, Blogger The Crew said...

PM

I fixed the link (I think!)

George

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails