Friday, June 30, 2006

Ferocious Misty

MISTY

Mew, mew, mew....where am I? I've been very sick but am feeling better now. And I decided I don't like taking medicine!!

I'm in a big place with 3 other cats that I don't know who sometimes hiss at me if I jump on their tails or bite them. The one called Max swats and chases me. I don't think they like me yet. The man and lady who hold me and pet me say I'm very cute. The lady says they will be my new Mom & Dad and this will be my forever home where they will love me and take care of me.

My new Mom says my name will be Misty Everpurr and I'll be part of something called Crews' Views and will live here with the other cats. The one called George said I could talk to his friends on his blog today.

I hope everyone out there will like me.

My new Mom put this leopard collar on me. Don't I look ferocious? Are you afraid?

MOM

Just a quick Misty update before the holiday weekend. 5 more days to go on the second round of twice-a-day antibiotics and I finally have the procedure down pat! Wrapped in a kitchen towel with just her head out, I turn her on her back and tuck her under my left arm pressing her back legs against my side with my elbow. (Isn't this called the football carry?) Then I cup her little head in my left hand, steadying it while putting the syringe tip in the side of her mouth, slowly pushing the plunger down with my right hand. She doesn't like it, but that's too bad!

She's still sneezing once in a while, but the awful coughing fits have stopped and her breathing is much improved with just a few rattles and wheezes. I hope the remainder of the medicine will take care of whatever's still in her lungs. If she doesn't seem 100% by mid next week, she'll see the vet again. The other 3 are acting like their usual selves, but I'm still keeping an eye on them and giving them their Lysine to build up their immune systems.

She's eating very well and has developed what I call the round, tennis-ball tummy that kittens get. Typical of kittens she's fearless, jumping on Crew, biting with her little needle teeth. Max has gotten into a few wrestling matches with her and even gentle Tipper has hissed a few times. George pretty much ignores her unless she's in his face! Her personality is charming and she'll come to me when she's tired, curling up in my neck for a short nap.

I'm anxious to put this whole episode behind us and enjoy our baby. I feel like June has vanished and we've already missed 3 weeks of her kittenhood which passes by so fast even if the cat is well. Hopefully my next update will be the final one saying she's well and healthy. Keep your fingers crossed!

27 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

We are furry glad that you are feeling well enough to start talking on the blog. I remember being the baby. Georgia used to pounce on me and hiss when I pounced on her tail.. although if she didn't want me to, why did she move it?

 
At June 30, 2006 9:37 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

We are glad that you are feeling better Lil' Misty. I can't wait to read more of your adventures. Get all the way well, soon.

 
At June 30, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Better every day! Way to go!

 
At June 30, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Well Hi Misty! You are a really cute little girl! We're happy you finded your furrever home. Your brofurs and sisfur will get used to you soon, and you'll all have a good time living togefurr!

 
At June 30, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Good luck with adorable Misty. She sounds like she is getting better and will be a great playmate for the gang. I just have the one kitty, Cos, but I may get another one someday. I don't want to break his heart as he loves me so much.

 
At June 30, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger Teri said...

My mommy just got back from vacashun and I am finally allowed back on this thing. I am happy to see you are getting better. Tell your mommy to keep a close eye on you though cause the lung stuff can get out of control in a hurry. Just look at what Autumn Savannah had to go through.

 
At June 30, 2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Misty is just the cutest thing imaginable...and her name! Purrfect.........Misty Everpurr.....love it!! Keep us posted on how she is doing, so glad things are looking up.

Calicomom Toni

 
At June 30, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Misty, you are such a sweetie!! Hope you get better very soon, and all the boy kitties will be sending you sweet kitty nothings!

 
At June 30, 2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Just what all of The Crew needs, a long holiday weekend to rest and get better. Purrs.

 
At June 30, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Of course you're furrocious, Misty! We're all glad to see you're starting to feel better. You are furry cute. Of course, since you look a lot like me.
~~ Gree
for the House of the (Mostly) Black Cats

 
At June 30, 2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Ohhhhh she is soooo adorable! A gray tuxie! How cute is that? You're fittin in wif the crew already. Keep us up to date wif all the fings we're sure you'll be gettin' into.

 
At June 30, 2006 8:46 PM, Blogger lambj said...

Hello, Ms. Misty Everpurr. You've found a good home and have no cares or worries. Keep taking that medicine; soon it will stop.
Crew Mom: my friend is giving her cat liquid antibiotics by putting it in a saucer of milk. Even if the milk softens his poop, it's the only way she could get him to take the meds. He's no kitten.

 
At June 30, 2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were wondering whether or not you'd be able to love another one as much as the three beauties you have, there's nothing like caring for a sick one! It brings out the Florence Nightingale in us, I think, and wraps our hearts around their little paws...
~ tammara :-)

 
At July 01, 2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Ayla said...

I'm glad to hear that Misty is feeling better. The Mom says that you know you're a true kitty mom when you can medicate nine cats and not get a scratch in the process. It's not an easy job especially since we all hate medication so much.

 
At July 01, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger nemokitty said...

Hi Misty, I'm furry glad to see you're feeling better!
And you look furrrry purrty in that collar!

 
At July 01, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I think you are simply gorgeous, little Misty! That leopard collar is befitting of a feline of your exquisite form. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, and I cannot wait to hear about all of your wonderful future adventures with Max, Tipper, and George!

 
At July 01, 2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Max said...

Wow...she's so pretty. I hope the other kitties like her soon. 'Cause she looks more likeable than the kitty I got stuck with.... ;)

 
At July 02, 2006 6:55 AM, Blogger Rascal said...

I like you Misty. Hope you continue to feel better.

Don't sweat it about the other cats' catitudes. They'll get over it. They need you around to keep them on their toes.

 
At July 02, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

Gald the little one is almost fully recovered.

 
At July 03, 2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty, you are one little cutie, patootie! Muurooowwww! My mom wanted to let your mom know that she finally, after like a bazillion kitty years, posted how she made my kitty bed. It's on my blog.

 
At July 03, 2006 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie you are, Misty. I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember that I got sick not long after amanuensis adopted me--I think the stress of moving from one home to another wore me out. I'm never moving again, if I can help it.

 
At July 04, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You look like you're feeling a LOT better Misty. We can't wait to hear more about you and your adventures as a Crew family member. Happy 4th! -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

 
At July 04, 2006 10:18 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Oh yeah..you are intimidating with that collar. (SOOO cute!) Glad you are feeling better, Misty!

Meg & Jack (The Guyzos)

 
At July 04, 2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Yay for Misty!

 
At July 05, 2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Quilt Granny said...

Hey Misty and the rest of the crew too. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I got all 7 of my toes on each front paw crossed that you don't have to go back to the VET and get stuck with a sharp pointy thing.

As for your collar, I think it looks very very ferocious and you are a very pretty young lady kitten. Talk to you again soon.

 
At July 05, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Hi Misty! We're glad to hear you're feelin' better! We know the rest of the Crew will like you, how could they not like such a sweet girl? They just need some time to get to know you better!

 
At July 11, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, we just learned you have a new kitty in the house! We too have a strange cat in our house, we're not sure what to do. We only know that he looks a lot like a feral cat that hangs out on our patio so we hiss at him as much as possible. Mom says he's not feral but still, he's on our turf!!

-Simba and Zoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails