Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Art - Food

GEORGE

This is the third in the discussions about my art. For those of you that may have missed my first two postings, you can read them at

My Art - Water & Towel
My Art - Petals

Food art is something most of you kitties already do, so a lot of my readers are already artists without even realizing it!

Being artistic with food is very easy if you eat dry food, but may not work quite as well with Stinky Goodness, although I can't speak from personal experience, since we don't get Stinky Goodness around here! (Personally, I think that's 'cause Mom's too lazy to open the cans and just leaves dry food out for us to self feed...but, I digress.) Art using Stinky Goodness should be able to be done easily if you allow the pieces to dry out.

Regardless of what you eat, what you need to do is whatever falls from your mouth while you're chewing, you don't eat that. Just leave it there, either around your bowl or on a carpet is good too. Make a nice pattern to create your piece as large or small as you want. If your bowl is on a placemat, don't let that discourage you from being creative. Just move over slightly until you're off the mat, then proceed as I've outlined above. It's really a matter of personal preference how intricate your piece gets. Some food artists have tried other media such as a licked ice cream bowl, or a plate with spaghetti sauce or gravy and some really great patterns can be done there. Being an "old master" myself, and with my delicate stomach, I've even tried the throwing up into the bowl technique with interesting results. But keep in mind, this is extreme art and isn't for everyone!

Since the new baby, Misty, has been eating in a separate room only she knows if she's making any patterns or not. If I had to guess, I'd say no 'cause she's awfully young, although...some artists have been known to show their ability at an early age. Actually, Tipper & Max are expert food artists like me, so most times when Mom finds a finished work of food art she doesn't know for sure who made it. She just sighs and cleans it up.

Maybe I should suggest that she needs to take an art appreciation class.

7 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Why George, we share this interest. I've been arranging dry food around my dish for years, but my people don't seem to appreciate it.

 
At June 28, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I hadn't even know I was an artist until I read this! I can't wait to tell the human pet that we could market this hidden talent of mine!

 
At June 28, 2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Ayla said...

Art, eh? Now the Mom can't yell at me when I leave food outside my bowl. I can say "well I'm making art."

 
At June 29, 2006 3:26 AM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

We do that all the time too! We'll have to tell Momma 'bout this. Fanks for the compliment 'bout our Daddy...we fink he's handsome too! So does momma..heehee.

 
At June 29, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

hahaha. we must be artists too! We nefurr re-eat anyfing that falls out of our moufs. So our tray wif our bowls always has patterns of hard bits around it by the time Mommy gets home. and then what does she do wif it? she FROWS IT OUT. she has no 'pre-she-a-shun for fine art.

 
At June 29, 2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Just don't go cut off your ear! I heard that happened once.

About the squirrel..Momma doesn't know what will happen when they are introduced into the wild. That is a problem with taking in a wild animal..they become dependent.

Patches Lady

 
At June 29, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Quilt Granny said...

I'm definitey gonna try that. Lucky me, I do get stinky goodness every morning but I don't care for it much when it dries out around 10:30 a.m. What I've been doing all along is just leaving it there in the bowl for the lady peep to clean up in the evening, or alternatively spitting it out onto the floor where Sam the Dog snarfs it up PDQ. Stoopid Dog would eat a hairball if it was sitting in his dinner bowl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails