Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's Good Being the Baby

MISTY

Ha, ha, ha Max...you can try and whap me all you want 'cause when I cry, Mom will protect me 'cause I'm the baby. Then you'll get hollered at!

And besides, I'm at the top of the perch, so nyah, nyah, nyah!

MOM

Misty! Be nice!

This will be my final Misty update (hopefully). Except for a few sneezes now & then, she acts just like a kitten should. She's eating very, very well and after only a month and despite her illness, is almost twice as big as when we brought her home. (That Iams kitten food is great and must taste pretty good because I find the others eating it every chance they get!) I estimate her age to be about 12 weeks and she's allowed the full run of the house with no restrictions. I'm also happy to report that none of The Crew picked up the shelter virus she had, so it seems our vet bills have ended except for her normal upcoming kitten shots.

But she's quick and twice has zipped out into the garage right between our feet. Fortunately we grabbed her both times and I've placed a water spray bottle right by the door. We now back out of the house, bottle in hand, watching for her to come barreling towards us. I think a few well-placed squirts should discourage her from trying that too many more times!

In only a month, she's ruined 2 plants, (silly me to think I could have plants with a kitten in the house!) one a large floor pot out of which she threw the top 6" of soil all over the dining room, then jumped all over the plant and broke the stems! She likes playing in the bathtub, something the others never did. She wants people food and would climb onto my fork if she could, but I'm careful about what we give her. George & Tipper have fully accepted her and allow her to lay next to them. Tipper has even groomed her a few times. Max is still a little standoffish, however I feel safe leaving them alone because I know he'd never hurt her. I've watched her chasing him...this tiny thing after my big, tuxie boy but I'm giving him more treats and attention so he doesn't feel intimidated by her.

So, despite all the problems and expense, I'm glad we got her and I think our family is now complete...2 girls, 2 boys and their parents.

12 Comments:

At July 11, 2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

It sounds divine! I wish I could get mine to get along lately! Chey has been a pill.

 
At July 11, 2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I wish my Bonnie would let me lie next to her. I don't fink she likes when I pounce an chase her, but it's FUN!
Mom says squirt bottles nefur werked wif Bonnie cuz she really liked water as a kitten. Now, she doesn't like it.

 
At July 11, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

I'm glad that everyone is finally getting along. It's also terrific news to hear Misty is out of the woods in terms of her being sick. May the four of you have many, pleasant adventures yet to come!

 
At July 11, 2006 5:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum backs out of the house most of the time. Makes sure I stay in, when she goes out.

 
At July 11, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You know, with all this kitten talk, Momma keeps saying "I want one.......I want one." Edselsmom does too.

Patches Lady

 
At July 11, 2006 8:45 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh Max, my tuxie twin, I feel for you...

 
At July 12, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger danielle said...

I just found your site and will have to make it part of my rounds.

Now I hve to go check out what happend to such a cute kitten. I have a cat who was fighting for his life but is all better now. I am glad you are feeling good. I am off to read the rest of your site now. Have a great day and stay out of trouble.

 
At July 12, 2006 11:30 AM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Hi, sounds like all of you in the crew get along real well. Thanks for stopping by on my blogspot, so thought I would visit you today and visit with you. So glad Misty is getting all better. Will visit again.

Casper

 
At July 12, 2006 12:03 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hi Crew, Thanks for visiting Missy's blogspot, thought we'd check yours out. What beautiful cats. And I see the petite Misty, such a little tiny doll.

Missy Blue Eyes is my first cat ever. I managed to live fifty years without a cat. She has a few nicknames (I was reading yours below). Most of them I can post (heh-heh-heh), Mew-Mew is her favorite nickname. She doesn't really Me-ow, she Mews. We also call her MBE, since my name is Mary Lynn and everyone calls me ML.

Guess with four cats there is a lot of reading to do here, I'm adding you to my daily rounds. Look forward to sharing with you all. Now to read...!

 
At July 12, 2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad you came by to say hi to us! We all just turned one year old, so we still like to play like kittens, even though one of us (Grr) has gotten huge and "extra fluffy" around the tummy. Houseplant Destruction has always been a favorite of ours (me especially) and our mommy has one of those huge floor pots too. We used to get in it and fling dirt everywhere - it was great! But then, you know what she did? She put very small plastic pots for plants all around the big plant, completely filling up its pot. The water can still get to the dirt because it goes through the holes in the bottoms of the empty little pots, but we can't get to the dirt because if we jump in there we end up with one paw sunk into each of 4 different pots and we can't even walk - forget digging, no way! We weren't very happy about that.
Midnight

 
At July 13, 2006 11:07 PM, Blogger KXBC said...

Wow...That's very good news. Misty will soon grow up to be a great family member.

 
At July 16, 2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see Misty on the top of the climber! Watch out Max!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails