Monday, July 24, 2006

Was This Really Necessary?

GEORGE

I think my Mom is getting paranoid about the health of the cats in this family. So, I was a little under the weather this weekend. So, just because a guy rests more than usual, doesn't eat much and sneezes a few squillion times does that mean he should be shoved in the carrier and taken to the V.E.T.?

Well that's what happened to me this morning. I was napping on the rocker cushion, when Mom came home from work unexpectedly. She grabbed me and off we went, me protesting the whole way in the car. Then the usual routine -- lights in eyes, ears & mouth, prodding, poking (you know where to get my temp!) Then...I can barely bring myself to tell you this part...then the V.E.T. held a mirror under my nose to check my breathing and said my right sinus is blocked!! Then the worst part came. She dripped salt water in my nose to try and make me sneeze out any blockage! It was all terribly embarassing.

I, being the gentleman that I am, behaved very well and the V.E.T. helper said how good I was. She told me about the cat before me that tried to bite her and I told her a gentleman never bites even when he's upset! And I was very upset! I was so upset I threw great globs of hair all over the V.E.T. and her helper, all over the exam table and all around the room.

Hmmpf! I hope it clogs their vacuum...that'll teach them not to drip water in my nose!!

13 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

So do you have to take medicine George? Glad you behave like a gentleman! Although the V.E.T. isn't pleasant, they only want to help!

 
At July 24, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Mommunist said...

Poor Georgie-Pie. We hope you feel better soon, because even though you don't like us, you're still family.

Daisy and Shasta

 
At July 24, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Katnippia said...

George, hope you feel better soon. I drop alot of fur at the vets office to.-Snowy

 
At July 24, 2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope you feel better soon George.It doesn't sound very nice what the V.E.T. did to you. If we have to go I, (Big Eric)fold my paws and act like a hero, but Flynn screams the place down. He's a wimp, not like me.Thanks furr coming by our new blog and welcoming us.

 
At July 24, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Poor George! i hope your nose is better soon.

 
At July 24, 2006 2:36 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

that sounds like water tortshur. does you has to take medikshun?

 
At July 24, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

You poor thing! Hope you feel betters soon!
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

 
At July 24, 2006 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm no gennelman. i'm only one years old an i always act like it. i woulda put the bitey on that vet an i woulda squirmed an tried ta get away an i woulda done it too cause i'm not "well behaved" from what i hears. i hopes you're feelin better an i'm furry sad that you had to go to that awful place but the Lady thinks you look furry cute in that picture
Cocoa

 
At July 24, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Water in the nose! Eeeeek! You were furry nice not to put the bite on them. I'da put the bite and the scratch AND the shed on them.

~~ Sanjee

 
At July 24, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Max said...

I hope you sneezed out a giant booger. That would teach them to drip water into your nose.

Me, I would have pooped on them. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do, and that's whatever works!

I hope ya feel better and don't have to go back!

 
At July 25, 2006 5:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

George - you poor boy! Is your tummy ok? It sometimes upsets it when you have to do those huge hairball thingies.

Hope your nose is breathing lots better.

 
At July 25, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Eww... I don't think I'd like drippy things in my nose! Poor George.

 
At July 25, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Poor guy! The indignity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails