Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Glad to be Back

GEORGE

It's good to be back and I want to thank everyone for your good wishes and encouragement over the past week. This was the first time Mom & Dad went anywhere for more than a day or two, so it was a huge responsibility to be left in charge for over a week and we're really glad they're back. I don't know how Mom & Dad do it...taking care of this big house and yard is just exhausting and we're very tired. But I think we did an excellent job (with Miss Ruth's help, of course) and nothing bad happened. Too bad Max wasn't able to catch the tomato thief and Tipper was so tired from babysitting Misty & Shasta that she slept all weekend!

Everything went very well. Miss Ruth came 3 times a day, but that was really because of the dogs. If it was only us, Mom said she might have had her only stop by once to check on us. But anyway, she talked to us and played us and was very nice. Max and I allowed the petting, but Tipper had some problem and mostly hid in the basement. Of course, Misty was just crazy, as usual. Miss Ruth kept a daily diary and even took some pictures of us which I'll have ready soon.

The older dog, Daisy, takes medicine with peanut butter on the end of a spoon . You can see Misty helping with that and Mom said she grew at least 3" while they were gone and doesn't look like a baby any more!

Mom said Hawaii is a beautiful place but she feels bad they didn't get to see any of our friends that live there. She also said we won't be moving there 'cause all animals that go there have to be in quarantine for 120 days and I can't be apart from my Dad for 4 months! I can't tell you too much about the wedding since I wasn't there, but Mom said I can show you a picture of the bride.

Now, you’re probably wondering, “Well George, what fantastic gifts did they bring you as thanks for all your hard work?”. This is what they brought back.

Some chocolate macadamia nut candy

A refrigerator magnet showing yellow hibiscus flowers with red centers (the state flower)

Some seashells to decorate the bathroom

2 shell leis (necklaces) from the luau they went to

A mug that says “Maui” on the side

2 books about the Pearl Harbor Memorial (actually for my grandpa in Mew Jersey who is a Navy veteran)

2 carved bowls that look like pineapples (for R, Brother J’s girlfriend)

A ukulele (for Brother J, who is a musician as well as an artist)

I know I specifically said “No macadamia nuts or refrigerator magnets”? Also, I don’t eat chocolate and I can’t see where I’d have any use for seashells. I suppose I could wear the shell necklaces which would look nice with my blue collar and I could drink my tuna water out of the mug, but my question is…where is my cool shirt and my primo Hawaiian ‘nip?

Listen Mom, I’m not buying the excuse that you didn’t have time to look for these things. I must say that after the excellent job Tipper, Max and I did taking care of everything, I’m very disappointed that you’re trying to lay some lame excuse on us. We worked very hard and we all missed our naps in order to look after everything, including TWO DOGS I might add, and I think we deserve better than this!

Hmmpf! I can’t believe it! Where are the presents…where is the thanks? I think an apology is in order and at the very least I should get a can of tuna water…all for myself…to soothe my hurt feelings! Tipper & Max can ask for what they think they deserve.

I can tell you that luckily SOMEONE cares about us. Our Sister B brought back this Kitty Kaviar. I'm not sure yet exactly what it is, but as soon as I try it I'll give you a full report.

Now I'm going to catch up on everyone's blogs, and all of you that are waiting for your Coats of Many Colors memberships, please be patient. Now that Mom is back, we’ll be working on everyone’s biographies to get you added ASAP!

15 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger LZ said...

I hear that kitty kaviar is pretty tasty! But that does stink they didn't get you any great presents. At least they came home, I bet you missed them a lot.

 
At September 13, 2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We finks yoo should go on strike. No prezents!! Yoo tell em it's just not good enuff. If our beans don't bring back the goodies furr us when they go on theer holly days, theer's gonna be big trubble.

 
At September 13, 2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

You will have to let us know how the kaviar is.

 
At September 13, 2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya gotta pee on their stuff. no purresents? that's not rite.

 
At September 13, 2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Maybe your cool shirt and primo nip is the mail, George. Did you ask?

What a pretty bride your sister B is! Her bouquet looks good enough to eat!

 
At September 14, 2006 10:56 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Puuurrrr....we're both very glad you mom came back, we missed you guys lots!

 
At September 14, 2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we are glad you are back too.

 
At September 14, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

Wow - no shirt and no nip . . . hmmm, seems like the Crew needs to take a trip of their own! Just gotta figure out a way to get past that quarantine thingy . . .

 
At September 14, 2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Kitty Kaviar...I can't comment on anything else in this post because I'm salivating so much!

I think my keyboard is ready to short out!

 
At September 14, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Tch. Useless humans. After all you did for them, George, the ingratitude...I can hardly believe it. Thank goodness you at least got the Kitty Kaviar...let us know what it's like!

 
At September 14, 2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

To The Crew's lovely daughter:

Congratulations on your marriage! May you be in love always through all of the up and down adventures that life brings! What a blessing to have!

To The Crew:

I'm so thankful that you survived your one week alone. I'm sorry that you didn't end up with the gifts you were expecting. However, when life throws you chocolate covered macadamia nuts, you can always make...hmm...sundaes? Yes, sundaes! Surely, that would make you feel better about everything!

 
At September 14, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

send them back wif a 'pa-sific list of what you want. and don't let them back in until they have the goods.

 
At September 14, 2006 5:57 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

That stupid quarentine is why we can't go anywhere with our 'beans when they go. Glad your 'beans liked Maui. If you want you could put your ear up to the seashells and see if you can hear the ocean. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 
At September 14, 2006 7:39 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Hi, everyone - we're glad you stopped by our blog. Wow, four kitties in one house. Our house isn't big enough for the two of us, considering we don't like to be together very much.

We're very glad to meet you all and hope you will keep visiting.

~J&B

 
At September 14, 2006 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, too! It's very nice to meet all of you ... Let us all know how that Kaviar is; it sounds intriguing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails