Friday, September 01, 2006

While My Parents Are Gone

GEORGE

You all know we’ve been talking about our Sister B getting married and apparently destination weddings are the “in” thing right now. The wedding is taking place on Maui, Hawaii and Mom & Dad will be going there next week. Yes, I’m sure she’ll turn off the computer so I won’t be able to talk with you until they get back. I know I’ll have a lot to report by then!

They’ve arranged for Miss Ruth from the V.E.T.’s office to come and check on us and that would be OK with me except for the fact that B's dogs Daisy and Shasta will be staying here too, so they don’t have to go to a doggie jail. Miss Ruth will come over several times a day to let the dogs out and check on us at the same time. In preparation for this, Dad and I discussed responsibilities for each of us while they’re gone and here is what I’ve decided. Earlier this morning I met with Miss Ruth personally to go over exactly how I want things handled.

ME As senior cat, I will greet Miss Ruth daily and take her around, pointing out various things she needs to do like replenish our food and water and tend to our litterbox. I will also bring to her attention any throwup or dog accident spots. I’ll have general responsibility for everything inside the house and will delegate as I see fit. This may include a little feather waving or glitter ball throwing or maybe chew bones for the dogs.

MAX – Will be in charge of everything outside. This includes not only birdies, bunnies, chips & vicious deer, raccoons and other wildlife but most importantly, Mom’s tomatoes. Someone has been stealing all the red, ripe ones so instead of spending all day resting on the top shelf of the perch, he’ll need to watch carefully from the right windows to catch the thief and report back to me.

TIPPER – Will be in charge of Misty who needs constant watching so she doesn’t get hurt or destroy anything. I think I’ll probably have her watch Shasta too, since I’ll be much too busy for that. Poor Tipper won’t get much rest with two young ones to watch, but that’s just the way it is! We all have to do our share while Mom & Dad are gone.

MISTY – Forget it! She can't be trusted to be in charge of anything.

DAISY – Will be in charge of herself. I can’t be held responsible for the behavior of a dog who’s a year older than me!

SHASTA - Ditto Misty!

I told Mom to check out all the cool Hawaiian cat stuff and I specifically asked for some primo Hawaiian ‘nip so I can tell all the Catnip Anonymous members about it. I also expect a nice shirt or other suitable souvenir, but no macadamia nuts or refrigerator magnets, please! I think the gift should be something appropriate and befitting my level of responsibility in their absence, don’t you?

In the meantime, I’ll be resting up, doing a little undercover work and waiting for Miss Ruth.

16 Comments:

At September 01, 2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

George, it sounds like you have things well under control and that everybody have their jobs. Don't do too good a job, otherwise the beans might not fell sufficiently guitly about leaving you alone.

 
At September 01, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger LZ said...

We're all going to miss you but it sounds like you've got everything under control!

 
At September 01, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

George, yore plans sound furry thoro and smart. Make sure Tipper teaches Misty how to make the beans feel gilty for leaving her home at such a young age.

Finny & Buddy

 
At September 01, 2006 8:33 PM, Blogger Max said...

:::gasp::: Hawaiin nip?
Hawaiian kitty crack?

MEOWIE WOWIE!!!!

Ohhhhh...if they bring some back for you, you're gonna see ALL the pretty colors...!!!

 
At September 02, 2006 5:01 AM, Blogger a fluffy feline friend said...

I hear that Hawaii is a very nice place to get married. Jasmine and Peter got married on O'ahu at the beginning of the year.

 
At September 02, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh what a lot of responsibilities you have while your humans are gone!

 
At September 02, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Wow, so organised...you seem to have thought of pretty much efurrything, George. Good work. Hope those pesky woofies don't bother you too much.

 
At September 02, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

My Granny takes care of us when the Beans go away. Unfortunately, she knows how to give me my medicine.

 
At September 02, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

George, you a such a leader. It's good that you'll have so many fings unner control. It'll help the beans to feel much better while they're gone. They should bring you back somefin really nice.

 
At September 03, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Ayla said...

Sounds like you've got everything well under control George. However, there must be some way you can get rid of the woofies while your parents are gone. I mean, how can you truly have fun with those slobbering things around?

 
At September 03, 2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's not fair that yer beans are going off gally vanting, and leaving woofies wiv yoo too. Looks like yoo got effurryfing unner control, but make shore they feel guilty when they comes home.

 
At September 03, 2006 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

primo Hawaiian nip! nice! we'll need details please.

 
At September 05, 2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Ha-wai-ee...that sownd like a ride in disnieland. Yoo know a ride whare yoo go Weeeeeeeee and feel vary dizzie aftur. Check yer mom when she gets home and see if she luks dizzy.

 
At September 07, 2006 4:16 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Have your Mom send you a coconut :) ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

 
At September 08, 2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

George - when you come back online, check out our blog for Sept. 7th. I'd like an expert's opinion on my art project please!
Grr

 
At September 09, 2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

hi, george! if you're reading this, your beans must be back. hope the festivities went marvelously, and you got some nice souveniers for all the hard work you did, looking out for the gang! you are a very 'sponsible cat, and we're proud to know you. come visit anytime!

purrs--
nels, ed, nitro, xing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails