Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Few Words by George

GEORGE

Now that Mom has FINALLY solved the problem with our pictures not showing correctly and FINALLY figured out how to make a drop down list for our links, I'd like her to figure out Blogrolling. Does anyone know if Blogrolling will work with the way Flooble does the drop down lists or is there a different drop down list creator that will work with Blogrolling? I've looked at quite a few of our cat blogging communities pages and it seems to be an "either/or" thing, not both. I'd like to be able to know which blogs are updated and don't know of anything but Blogrolling to do that. Any help would be appreciated!

Now, a few words for my Mom, which you may all want to say to your own human. Feel free to say them verbatim or change them to suit your own situation.


Mom, I appreciate the work you've done on our blog, but I think the time has come to have a serious talk about how lax you've become of late, so if you could just listen while you make the bed. Yes, yes, I know you're probably embarrassed that I'm going public with this and I know you're tired and you have other things to do like work and stuff, but so do we all. Really, I don't think there's anything more important than our blog (well OK, maybe food is more important). I think all my friends would agree with me on this. Right everyone??

So despite the fact that I now have health problems and you're thinking of ways to help me; you're at work several hours a day; you have this whole house to take care of (we'd help out if you just ask us to); you & Dad have your own health issues and have had many V.E.T. appointments; you've been out of town; the car has had problems; you've been "putting the yard to bed for the winter"; you've been planning for upcoming holidays, etc., etc., etc., I really think you need to get your priorities straight and keep up with our necessary postings, pictures and changes I want made! You've taken lots of pictures that have never been shown and I see posts you've started on, but never finished. Also, I want to be updated daily on all my friends activities. What exactly is your excuse, Mom, for failing to take care of all this?

And...I expect now that you understand my position on this, we won't need to have this discussion again, right?

MOM

(sigh) Yes George, there's nothing in my life more important than The Crew. Well, Dad & your Sister B and Brother J rate right up there, but of course, you're at the top of the list. So, if it'll make you happy, I'll try hard to improve my performance.

GEORGE

Thank you. I knew I could count on your complete cooperation on this very important subject.

18 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Mom just put Blogrolling on my site--take a look and see if you like it. I thought it was going to be easier to keep up, but really it's no less trouble than the regular list. And George? I can hardly get my mom to update my links as it is! I'm just saying.

Maybe if you kiss and tickle your mom that might get better results. I know if I make my mom laugh, she's more likely to help me out!

 
At November 08, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

That's right George tell your Mom. We poodins should always be #1 and our blogs should be on top of her to-do list, just below feeding us and giving us lots of love.

 
At November 08, 2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I'm usin bof an it werks (cept fur the drop-down colors). Blogrolling generates an html script you can put inside the dropdown code.
Mom finds Blogrolling a lot easier than adding links, but she uses the "Blogroll It!" button and the Blogroll Panel in Firefox. The button werks in IE, too, but not the panel, which puts yur list in a frame at the left like favorites. When we're at a blog we want to add, Mom clicks "Blogroll It!" and a login window opens. Log into Blogroller, confirm or change the name of the blog (it shows the addy too, if you need to change it), and it's on your list. You don't have to go into Edit Blog or republish or anyfing (except refresh to see changes).

On the down side, Blogrolling can't always detect updates to Blogger sites and never detects them with other blogging software. Also, it ought to be able to flag duplicate addys, but doesn't. DUH, that's what puters are best at!
Email Mom if you has more questions bout blogrolling.

 
At November 08, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

We know nothing about Blogrolling, but well done for laying down the law to your mum, George!

You have to keep the humans in line sometimes.

 
At November 08, 2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

You tell her George! My mommy still isn't done with the lists! Good call on the updates. We haf to figure that out!

 
At November 08, 2006 7:56 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, mum does purrty well with keeping up with adding linkies manually. Usually makes the changes once a month or so. She doesn't feel like figuring out all the rest of the fancy stuff. But she leaves the 'puter on in the evening as she does her other stuff so I can read. Also we use Mozilla/Firefox. Tab browsing makes it easier and faster to go through lots of sites. Plus the most important place we have to visit daily are in two folders. The rest we visit as we have time, once a week or less often if they are kitties who don't post often.

 
At November 08, 2006 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sigh:: we tried ta read yur werds of wisdom ta our Lady, but she got so distracted by yur cute little nose that she didn't hear a werd we sed.

 
At November 08, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Gemini said...

I liked what Victor said. We use blogrolling and it's pretty good. Not all blogs end up being "updated" and it's frustrating to miss out on a good post because of that. Although Cheysuli's blog is set to ping blogrolling automatically with each post to her wordpress blog on her own site, blogrolling never seems to get that updated (or so I am told).

 
At November 09, 2006 12:39 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

We couldn't have said it any better. We are printing a copy and signing it to give to our Mom. Thank you George ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 
At November 09, 2006 5:15 AM, Blogger nemokitty said...

Thanks for the speech, George. I'm giving it to my Mom, too! Way to go!

 
At November 09, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

George,

Try to have a little patience with your Mom....beans just don't have the intelligence that we do and it takes them longer to do things.

 
At November 09, 2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

George, as you know, trainin beans is a life-long effort. This was a furry good lecture an if she doesn't listen, give her a swat. You haf to watch that her purrformance doesn't slip again. I know all too well what happens if you don't stay on top of yur bean's behavior.

 
At November 09, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Thanks for the comment! ill keep folowing your blog! Thaks for visiting mine!
Luv,
Libby

 
At November 09, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Way to put your paw down George!

 
At November 09, 2006 4:54 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

George you are one really smart puddin. We like the way you take charge.

 
At November 09, 2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Merlin said...

My Mom is just happy when Blogrolling works, she don't know if there's a drop down or anything.

But that's a furry nice convo with your Mom. Gotta let her know the way of the world.

 
At November 09, 2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It is so great to see the picture at the top of your blog. Love it!!! Sorry, don't have blogrolling, so can't help there.

CalicoMom Toni

 
At November 10, 2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Why you even had to address this is beyond me.

Isn't she trained properly already?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails