Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm So Tired

GEORGE

As you can see, I'm a little tired. In truth, I can barely keep my eyes open. My human Sister B's dogs were here for 6 days (yes 6!!) and finally went home. B and her new husband T went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving to visit T's father. That's all well and good, but her dogs, Daisy & Shasta, came here to stay with us and I don't get much rest when they're here with all the barking and jumping and general commotion.

Since my relaxation room in the basement isn't quite finished yet, I had no where to hang out, undisturbed, this time. A cat needs a certain amount of rest each day, don't you agree...especially an older guy like me. I like to try and get in a minimum of 8 hours while Mom & Dad are at work, then another 2 or so in the evening, then about 7 at night. Of course, on weekends when Mom & Dad are home I can't get in my full sleep allotment since I have to be available to help out, so I tend to be more tired on Mondays.

But, I digress. When the dogs are around I'm very tense and just can't relax completely. As soon as I close my eyes, someone is barking and running around. It's just exhausting and it makes me crabby!

To my friends that live with dogs, I raise my paw to salute you. I don't know how you can stand it!

15 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 8:27 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor yoo, yoo are looking reely tired owt.We don't know what we wud do if we had dogs heer. I fink we wud prolly leeve home.Yoo wuz asking if we bofe had girlcat frends now, well yes we do. Flynn has been dating Grr furr a while, an Rosie annsered my lonely harts post an she is my girlcatfrend now.Fank yoo furr asking
Eric

 
At November 29, 2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

You know you are welcome to come to our house to nap away from the dogs if you need to.

 
At November 29, 2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Merlin said...

George, I hafta tell you that I live with two woofies. BUT they are owtside mosta tha time and I am Inside. So it's notso bad. They come inside for sleepin', and that doesn't wear me out too much. But when they're inside and awake, then I hafta be on alert, of course. One of 'em has a tail that is ALWAYS waggin', and I hafta chase it!

 
At November 29, 2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Poor George. You should have teleported over here for naps. Mum was around, but no woofies here.

 
At November 29, 2006 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had an exhausting time. You look very tired. You really need to catch up on your napping.

 
At November 29, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Badness said...

oh George, we are so sorry you had to endure this. Thankfully, those dogs go home! While we seem to be stuck with ours.

 
At November 29, 2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

We are with Merlin - our woofie stays outside. Plus we out number her! Hope you get some rest since they are gone.

 
At November 29, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Ohhh, I feel for you George. I would hate to live with a d-o-g. I had to spend Christmas in the same house as Cornish Grandma's d-o-g once and I was so stressed I stopped eating! The beast kept trying to lick me!

 
At November 29, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow George, you look soooo tired. If you efer need a quiet place to rest, you just teleport ofer here. I don't haf any woofies here and my beans luv their nappies too!
Get some good rest now!

 
At November 29, 2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Poor George, you look very tired. We hope you are going to get some nice long naps soon.

 
At November 29, 2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Sorry, George. I don't think it's right to have to share space with visiting dogs. They're just too...doggish.

 
At November 29, 2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I need a nap just reading about this! ::Yawn::

Patches

 
At November 30, 2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

We dont have a dawgie but aftur heering about all that yoo have been thru, George, we don't evur want one!!! We sulute yoo fur all yoove been thru!

 
At November 30, 2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, George, you look really at the edge of exhaustion in that photo. You have our empathy! -- Alberta,Sky, Blackie, Charlie and Maggie Fu

 
At November 30, 2006 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you poor tired thing! we don't have any woofies, but my bouncy noisy brother Cocoa is constantly interrupting my quiet time. plus, I can't totally relax when the people are home because you never know when someone who's not the Blonde Girl might try to pet me. yuk.
Grr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails