Monday, December 11, 2006

Between Sisters

MOM

Misty!!!! Were you by this plant?

MISTY

Um...(whispers to Tipper) Tipper, what should I say?

TIPPER

I don't know.

MISTY

I don't know, Mom.

MOM

What do you mean, you don't know? Someone broke this plant and got dirt all over the rug.

MISTY

Um, well (looks around nervously) uh, Tipper told me to say that, and (gulp)...uh, I was throwing the catnip mousie in the air and it flew into the plant and...(sniff) and...and then the plant fell over when I jumped on it (sniff) and... and dirt came out (sob) and I know it's my fault but (sniff) I'm really trying to be good 'cause (sob) Santa's coming (sniff) and now (sob, sob)... and now he might not bring me a present!!

MOM

Well, thank you for telling me the truth. I happen to know Santa very well and I'll tell him this was an accident. I'm sure he'll bring you what you asked for.

MISTY

(sniff, hic) A feather-butt mousie?! (scowls at Tipper) I almost didn't get my present 'cause of you!

TIPPER

What...I didn't tell you to lie to Mom. I meant I wasn't sure if you were by the plant so how could I tell you what to say!

12 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty I believe you when you say it was an accident.Your so cute I know Santa will be you your Present.

 
At December 11, 2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Merlin said...

Ooh, furry good move. I don't effer know whether to tell the truth. My prollem is I am an only kittee so I can't blame things on anyone else or get advice from anyone... ALSO, I LOVE plants. Love. Can't stop eatin' em.

 
At December 11, 2006 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty, remember other cats may have different agendas, particularly when feather butt mousies are in play... in fact--I think that mousie is MINE!!! MINE !!!! MINE!!!

 
At December 11, 2006 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Midnight: Don't worry - I have "accidents" with the plants all the time. I think the sobbing was an excellent touch - very convincing!

Grr: Um...Midnight, I think Misty was being honest and sincere.

Midnight: REALLY? Huh. Well, I guess that could work too...

 
At December 12, 2006 3:13 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Santa understands about accidents (at least that's what my humans tell me, as this will be my first Christmas). I'm sure you'll still receive a nice feather-butt mousie (which sounds like a lot of fun - I love feathers!)

 
At December 12, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I have to amember this the next time I get into truble. I know the sad look really works.

Precious

I got into your blog fine this morning, no problem.

CalicoMom Toni

 
At December 12, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Oops! Yeah, Mom moved a plant at our howse, an sumhow the brown parts of sum leafs got crumpled off. She thot it was the boy until she noticed teef marks in the good parts of the leafs.
They look better wifout the brown tips. I was... I mean sumone was helping.

 
At December 12, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Uh, oh. The same fing happened at my howse. Mom moved a plant an sumone removed the brown leaf tips. She thot it was the boy until she saw teef marks in the good part of the torn leafs. I don't know why she doesn't fink he mighta bited the leafs, but I was just tryin to help cuz the leafs look better wifout the brown, right?

 
At December 12, 2006 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, 2 comments cuz of the dread pirate blogger.

 
At December 12, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I'll also give a good word to Santa for you, Misty.

We used to date.

 
At December 13, 2006 2:17 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

We don't have any houseplants cos I chewed them up. Sometimes a cats gotta do what a cats gotta do.
Faz

 
At December 13, 2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh Misty you are so cute, we are sure you'll get everything you want for Xmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails